Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Gavel Patch 14.0.10

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Salted, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I fixed that for you. High learning curve =/= bad class.

2. Kraby

Kraby *insert clever meme* VIP+

Minecraft:
    you dont do a ton of damage from up close
    600% on smoke bomb when it slows enemies for 7 mana
    or 350% on multi hit when it costs 10 mana and has like no range
    the choice is kinnda obvious

also i never said bad class
    its just that the it needs some rework on a few spells COUGH smokebomb COUGH multi hit COUGH

3. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You seem to forget your basic attack, as well as Spin Attack, and the fact that enemies will walk out of your Smoke bomb from afar, and that Smoke Bombs last for less time the longer they are in the air. Using it for distance fighting is impractical at best.

4. Kraby

Minecraft:
    ye spin attack is good if you spam it , but spamming it slows you down
    basic attack is very good , infact me entire end game assassin is based around melee , but if you go for a build that is not all melee like i do you have to agree with me that basic attacks are way weaker than spells
    and the slowness keeps enemies a while in smoke bombs (atleast enough to make it more worth using than multi hit)
    also i edited the first quote a bit if you wanna take a look

5. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Arguably, my build -is- more spell-tilted(dex/agi/int) and yet my basic attack, used in conjunction with my spells, shreds enemies. If you want to go a full-melee build, Assassin and Warrior would probably be the best two to go with, in my opinion, but even if you go a full-spell build, your basic attack always has some utility to it, which people ignore and that reduces their effectiveness. If Smoke Bomb is so powerful that Multihits is inviable to use in your opinion, swapping their percent damage would only make Smoke Bomb inviable, as well as giving Multihits an utterly ridiculous 600% base unavoidable damage. And, looking at the damage a bit closer, Smoke Bomb is perfectly balanced.

Smoke Bomb deals 600% damage over 5 seconds and can be escaped. Multihits deals 350% damage over about 0.8-1 seconds. Spin Attack deals 200% instantly. They each have their place and disregarding a spell is only going to bite you in the tail-end.

LotKnockMC likes this.
  6. Kraby

Minecraft:
    you didnt understand me quite right
    what i was saying is that smoke bomb should be more focused around debuffing the enemy and less about damage (mybe make it give blindness for half the time its there but only deal 25% damage a hit so it will be a total of 300%)
    and than make multi hit mybe deal like 25% more damage (1 more punch) OR give some kind of a debuff/buff to you OR reduce mana cost by a bit
    and than just fix the bug with spin attack

now about melee damage , yes its useful but what i meant to say is that spell damage is better than melee damage in nearly every way without a melee build so making a class really focused around melee damage will put it at a disadvantage

7. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    350% damage on the class with the 2nd best base damage is plenty enough, I would say. Halving Smoke Bomb's power would just be stupid, and the blindness would only make enemies liable to walk out of it even more often; it would make it impossible to lead them through the smoke.

And if you think spells completely trump melee damage, you obviously have not learned how to properly utilize yours. As I said, even with the build I have that encourages spells, I find myself using my basic attack rather often, and faring just as well as I do while using spells.

8. Ironraptor3

Ironraptor3 Dragon Slayer, Sabre, CS/Game Dev VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oi selvut, I have a question about my own damage output now that raw spell has been... changed (I won't say fixed yet).

Anyway, I have about -490 raw spell and -57% in total, and I use a fast attack speed weapon with 130-210 neutral and 335-400 earth. When I use a meteor... It says I deal *negative* 490 neutral and about 9-10.5k earth damage. Negative 490 simply seems to be my raw spell though...

My average neutral damage is 170, times 4 (400% for meteor) and times a attack speed multiplier (unsure of what it is, assuming fast is around 1.2ish as a low estimate) times .43 is 321 (Some numbers I tried to make nicer, its a bit higher than this). I know the spell damage will still be negative, but, 321 - 490 isnt anywhere near -490.

EDIT: Actually, I have around a 2/3 strength% bonus. I should in fact be dealing positive damage unless something is extremely wrong, as I am underestimating a majority of my positives and overestimating my negatives

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  9. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am not good with this sort of math...sorry.

10. Ironraptor3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay :/ Just, I would think I would be doing some pretty okay neutral damage, but im dealing negative. Also, does negative heal mobs?

11. PolarShaman

PolarShaman Cowtown citizen

Guild:
    When i first saw this update i was so excited and thought it was the level 90+ quest update. I wasn't aware this was happening. I'm a mage so it's a bit sad but a glitch is a glitch. Anyway, nice job.

LotKnockMC likes this.
  12. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm sorry about this, but I've been trying to come up with a way to properly express my mirth at what are supposed to be attacks, yet, in fact, are healing spells for hostile mobs. Undoubtedly this is a glitch, a bug, an error of calculations and/or coding. But, still, my best expression of this is :clapping::clapping::clapping::grinning::grinning::grinning::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::innocent:!!

Ironraptor3 likes this.
  13. Ironraptor3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Couldn't have said it better myself

Moe_Ronickah likes this.
  14. Vyl

Vyl Champion CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    But heres my problem if they fixed the spell damage for mages wouldnt that effect the assassins since there builds are mostly focused on the smoke bombs and multi hits which are spells ? that basically kills the assassin and makes them 10 times weaker

The One-eyed Guy likes this.
  15. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My assassin has been affected none by this and it uses a build that would seem to focus on spells(thunder/water/air).

16. Vyl

Vyl Champion CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Ok ill go off of what your saying ,

17. oneredbill64

oneredbill64 I'm not a traveled adventurer... VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I understand... Even though I was working toward getting that much damage.

18. Tobulance

Tobulance Famous Adventurer Media HERO

Minecraft:
    I had to spend tons of le making a new build because of this how could you do this salted :(

19. Fable Of Ruin

Fable Of Ruin Everyones Faverite Fable HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ALL MAGES HERE MY CALL I SAY WE START A RIOT WHOS WITH ME!!!

20. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    ...yes, because it wasn't game breaking in the slightest. soloing the strongest boss in the game in 11 SECONDS is no big deal, you can do that easily, with any class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.