Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

We've Updated Our Rules!

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Salted, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sci_fi_nut_123

sci_fi_nut_123 QA/Ex-Mod QA HERO

Minecraft:
    Leaving the map is rule 3, no abusing bugs/glitches/exploits

3. Do not abuse bugs, glitches or exploits.
    (Leaving the map, obtaining illegal items, duping and bypassing restricted areas.)

yosteric5 likes this.
  2. BlahBlah161616

BlahBlah161616 Light Theme User

Guild:
    Well rip my plans of escaping the dangerous world of Wynn and dying in the void.

3. Gamebuster

Gamebuster Knowledgeable Adventurer

Well, looks like I need to get my eyes checked and/or learn how to read.

4. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ty. and it was kind of accidental lol. I was just walking down and zombies just followed me, then I got the idea to have them fight the guards....

5. Pretzule

Pretzule eats pretzels HERO

Minecraft:
    If it is not intentional and you did not realize that you lead the into the city you will not be punished. But leading them to the guards is a risk to other players so I'd advise against it.

6. BeeMiner

BeeMiner Be Mindful HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I might have missed it here but i'll ask anyway:

Is there a rule to stop members from posting their own sale (advertise they have a specific or non-specific item) on your trade thread? I've had that happen on my thread.

7. Pretzule

Pretzule eats pretzels HERO

Minecraft:
    If a player is advertising their shop on your thread then it is not allowed and should be reported using the report button.

8. BeeMiner

BeeMiner Be Mindful HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I did hit the report button and described the situation, but I did not get a response PM-wise, so I don't know if that was the right action to take until you replied here. I will assume that some kind of warning will be given to the member who posted. While he did not include his shop's link, he did write, he had a Rotten Wood for sale, right after I announced that mine was not available anymore.

And now I'm checking my thread ....i see that his post on my thread is removed, not by me. Can I assume that is how the problem is addressed ..that the admins remove that post?

9. BeeMiner

BeeMiner Be Mindful HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My main concern is for players who are not forum members, who do not know the rules posted HERE in the forums. So my point is they are not properly informed. A member posted that players need to keep abreast of rules, HOWEVER there is nothing in the hub (and I have just checked) about what the rules specifically are. You have to be fair to the players who ARE NOT OLD ENOUGH to subscribe to the forums. I think there is an age minimum or requirement.

So I suggest: place the RULES information or how to retrieve them from the website, in a prominent location when players first enter the game. I see VIP, GC, bomb, shouts information on signs in a various places around the hub, and not so near the center of the hub when you spawn. And I did see the "help" section that is closer to the center of the hub, but I did not see RULES posted there. (I sincerely apologize if you have posted the RULES as of this moment, but I just checked and must be blind as I did not see any in the lobby/hub).

As an example, my friend is not a member of the forums, did not know about the "not leading mushrooms into town" rule. She was not intending to hurt players but to run away from the mobs. I told her after the fact when I heard. But that's an example that the rules do not have adequate reach to all players. Its not that the players made no effort to acquaint themselves with the rules. The rules of any organization, is UP FRONT like when u sign a contract, when you enter a lobby, when you sign up for something online and there are all kinds of rules and disclaimers with the AGREE or DISAGREE button at the bottom. Foremost the terms have to be prominently displayed, notified and accessible to all players.

Thanks for reading this wall of text, but i felt my earlier comment needed to be clarified judging from other responses. :)

Moe_Ronickah likes this.
  10. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can't even begin to count the number of times that I was in Detlas, and some lower level player was trying to escape the zombies. They run into Detlas to get away, and of course the zombies don't respect city boundaries. I've killed so many low level zombies that way. LOL!

I just got a "du'oh!" idea - can a front page be added to the quest guide with links to the rules, the "help" page of the site, and the map page?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    BeeMiner likes this.
  11. A Meme scourge

A Meme scourge Lone Wanderer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok. This Is well expected

12. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You should read the rules, especially
    2. Useless content.
    (Not putting any thought into a post or a post that has no purpose or does not add anything to the section or thread.) and
    17. Necroposting
    (Posting on a thread that hasn't been replied to in 30 days or more for no legitimate reason.).

13. Kaelan~

Kaelan~ RIP VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am gonna necro post a rule thread before someone else does. thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.