Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Gale & Ohms: Official Information Thread

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAule

TheAule The Smithy of the Valar

Guild:
    We don't know. It isn't said in the Lore that we have. As the item Ohms' Wish says: "If anyone finds this, leave it at my Gale's gravesite. I promised her a memento, too. This inscription is extremely weathered."

If Ohms buried Gale, why would he have to have someone else deliver this item to her?
    If he made this item when he is old and sickly later, this raises the question of Why didn't he add directions to Gale's Tomb for people who find it?

Possible Answer 1: Gale [and maybe Ohms] were famous in their time, so many people around their time knew where Gale lay in rest.
    Possible Answer 2: Ohms didn't bury Gale, and in his Wish asks for the Player to find Gale's Tomb and deliver his wish.

But if Ohms were such a smart scientist and Golemancer, surely he would have known that Gale's story would fade over time. Why didn't he leave more clear directions?

Each time we ask questions, the possible answers generate yet more.

XavierEXE likes this.
  2. Turtlebomb

Turtlebomb idk VIP+

Minecraft:
    What was that red text?

3. TheAule

Guild:
    I use red text to respond inside someone's quotes when they ask multiple questions. I find it makes for a more coherent answer. I can repaste my message here if it helps you.

So Selvut is ruling out unreasonable areas. That makes sense. That means about 5% of map content is removed. Yey. Now we don't have to search the City of the Ancients from WynnExcation Site D...

XavierEXE likes this.
  4. px_1

px_1 Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Ehmmmm... just saying that item might literally be his death wish, which is why he asked for whoever found it to leave it at gale's gravesite, since gale was the first to die you won't literally expect ohms to spend his whole life in the grave, also you can see it's ''weathered'' meaning that half of the inscription is most likely illegible

There were many famous people before the main character went to wynn, in the starting area there is a human that talks about a hero called ragnar, but as you can guess from reading all the tales about heroes, they all disappeared (my guess is that all the heroes that are mentioned in the game were bob's teachers or something like that but idk this is not the place to talk about that) and if you can tell, ohms literally lost the person he loved, that guy must have never went over the death of his loved one, he probably just disappeard after burying her without telling anyone about an special place ( maybe searching for a way to avenge her or something idk, the cause of death hasn't been explained by selvut )

So all my guesses for a grave were the floating islands (wynn & gavel) , molten heights or a place where an thunder mage and a wind archer could live in harmony

The again this is all just me guessing without knowing any real facts sooo yeah

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  5. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    what

TheAule likes this.
  6. TheAule

Guild:

Nice! I like to see theorizing over lore.

Ohms is a thunder mage / Golemancer and Gale is a air/waterish archer.

You make a good point about forgotten heroes, legends, and the faded inscription. As you see, that presents a 3rd possibility I failed to predict. Ohms was kind, and provided instructions, but we have lost them in the wearing of time and search blindly. That makes sense.

Another question :). I think many answers over the life of Gale will be found at her Tomb, we just have to keep on looking.

With people like you asking these good questions, I think we are bound to make progress towards the tomb!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    XavierEXE likes this.
  7. px_1

px_1 Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    yeah i noticed i confused the order and confused ohms element

The One-eyed Guy likes this.
  8. Thickfreakness

Thickfreakness ooh, Degrasse Tyson-san

Guild:
    There was an update, 14.0.7, was that a map push?

9. Zelefant

Zelefant wizard fortress will return one day HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Right here, this was posted in the Wynn News by Selvut -

[​IMG]

This could lead to WHY Gale is fighting for Qira. Maybe Qira wasn't evil? Maybe she's a powerful person (or creature idk) of some kind, and Gale was promised by her eternal rest. Maybe she's the OPPOSITE of Death? Death is, well, death. Qira may be Life. Maybe Qira promised her a tomb where she could rest in peace? That must have been what happened.

It all makes sense, really.

Death has a tower in the Province of Wynn.
    Qira has a tower in the Province of Gavel.
    Each one has a unique power, Life and Death.

What do you guys think? This could lead to more theories on Gale and Qira.

(I might even make this a thread.)

Killerfish likes this.
  10. Thickfreakness

Guild:
    Well, I don't think Qira is inherently evil. But I also don't think that she represents light, seeing as how her tower and boss room are both made of black and grey blocks, the opposite of light.

11. Zelefant

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I didn't say Light, though, I said Life.

12. Thickfreakness

Guild:
    oh my bad, I must have read it wrong. Although my point still stands. Wouldn't black and grey, along with cobwebs and the like be the opposite of life?

13. Zelefant

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We don't know. Could she be showing us Reality? Are we in The Matrix? Could she be showing us true life ?

14. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Death resides in a tower of shining bright blocks, although Death's realm is icy cold.

15. TheAule

Guild:
    I don't think we can judge Qira based upon her decorative choices.

This is an interesting analysis of Qira. What we know about Qira is that she is very powerful. She has the ability to fend of the Decay, something no one living in Gavel can do. From the Wiki: Dialogue from beating The Hive.

Finishing the Quest
    • Yansur: To beat Mistress... Masterful. Have we been cooped up in this Hive that long that our creations are outdated?
    • Yansur: To be defeated by a human of Wynn.. Embarrassing. Well, here is your reward.
    • Yansur: Mistress Qira was once called upon to help stop the decay of the forest.
    • Yansur: With her boundless knowledge she surely would have cured it. But she declined.
    • Yansur: She instead chose to create, obsessed with preparing for some sort of war.
    • Yansur: Mistress never elaborated, but seemed like she knew something we didn’t. She always said the darkness was coming. But to have a human beat Mistress Qira herself, I don't think we stand a chance. Honour to you, warrior of Wynn.

So Qira does not seem to be evil. "She always said the darkness was coming". She is not of the dark. Also, the first line states that Qira is a creator, as also said in many other conversation with Yansur. So Qira creates life, artificial though it is. To portray Qira as an extrapolation of life is a stretch, but not an implausible one.

This might help answer the Question of Why did Gale go to Qira? Qira is very powerful, and with her ability to fight the decay, she could help Gale save those she loves in return for her service. I don't really see any other reason someone would go to such a place.

Zelefant likes this.
  16. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If WynnCraft is the Matrix, then I believe that all of my classes are level 100, and that I have perfect equipment and stats for my play styles.

Zelefant likes this.
  17. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Thanks for confirming we're not in the Matrix

18. dia!

dia! the silliest ever HERO

Minecraft:
    It could be that Gale had a fighting spirit, and was always looking for a challenge and battle. Maybe when she died, her spirit couldn't fight anything so she reached out to Qira. Qira then let her be the leader of her Air division, where she can be challenged and fight any challengers who dare take on Qira's Hive. When talking to the quest npc for the quest, whenever you finish a division he talks to you for a bit and talks about past challengers who could not get past the division you just defeated, possibly meaning Qira gets some challengers every once in a while. Gale saw that, and took the opportunity and wanted to have a little fun after she died.

Rawb and Thickfreakness like this.
  19. Zelefant

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If Qira didn't promise her a grave, there would be no grave, since Ohms didn't bury her or he would've given the memento to her at her tomb.

20. Thickfreakness

Guild:
    Who said that it had to be Ohm or Qira that buried her? How do we know she didn't have family or the like that would have buried her?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.