Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Gale & Ohms: Official Information Thread

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAule

TheAule The Smithy of the Valar

Guild:
    We have another clue, everyone.

[​IMG]

Someplace obvious. Someplace high. Someplace most people don't go.
    At the triple point of these three conditions, Gale's tomb is supposedly located.

Now, someplace obvious probably means it isn't stuffed into a back corner of the ocean mountains. It's somewhere on land, in the midst of things, glaringly obvious, and so mush so that we fail to see it, since we are looking for the hidden button, for the hole in the ground, for the secret path in the water. Someplace high means on top of something, so not in any flat areas, so the plains of Detlas, Almuj, Ragni, Dark and Light Forest, those are all improbable. Someplace most people don't go. This is the crux of it all. Generally, people don't climb onto the tips of mountains, so that doesn't help much with the High Up clue. But it does rule out some places, like Mount Wynn or other mountains scaled in the average Wynncraft adventure. This someplace obvious will in the end probably be most helpful when paired with someplace high. The Tomb will be located somewhere that most people would walk right past, on their merry way, and not give a second thought to. What places do we know that are like that? What places were we most distracted by something in?

Aldorei Valley. It has very tall mountains encircling it on nearly all sides. Most people don't even think about them, they just do their questing and move out. Aldorei Valley, a very large area that is only ever used over the course of two quests, what reason would players have to wander around there?

[​IMG]

I have marked possible areas with arrows. I especially am interested in the areas of the left, since they are clearly elfin in origin, yet they lie for outside of Aldorei Valley. They are easily ignored because of the foliage. Obvious, High up, Not frequented. It fits the bill. We can only hope.

If Gale's Tomb is as grandiose as we all hope it to be, then it will probably need some sort of redstone wiring to make it snazzy, like many easter eggs and relics in Wynn and Gavel. The redstone has to be within the loadable chunks of the player, within 4-5 chunks of the player, so any thin mountains can be excluded from the hunt since there is no room to hide the machinery nearby. This won't help much, but who knows?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    FishWaffle likes this.
  2. Shoefarts

Shoefarts I fart on shoes CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Maybe the top of the Tower of Qira? I don't know why a grave would be there but its high up, it's obvious, and I don't think many people climb to the top.

TheAule likes this.
  3. TheAule

Guild:
    Nah, I've traveled through there several times (It's a rather effective way to bypass large portions of The Canyon of The Lost, and I fail to see anything of interest there. And why would someone want their tomb to be in such a dismal place?

If it is hidden in The Qira Hive, it isn't on the peak, that much I know. If you want to investigate, there are caves set into the sides of the cave.

4. FishWaffle

FishWaffle It's ya boi VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Checked the caves, nothing.

TheAule likes this.
  5. TheAule

Guild:
    It looks like the Hive is off the list of places (unless there is some sort of super-secret button pressing running shenanigans, but I doubt it). This is forward progress, Team!

6. McMasterx

McMasterx ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Valar MorGavelis HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Top of the Door of Time.

Nevermind, nothing has changed up there.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  7. RamonaFlowers

RamonaFlowers Subspace Delivery Girl CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright. First time posting on this thread.

I have seen all you guys theorize Gale's grave and Ohms and his golems, and read additional information Selvut gave on this thread.
    Alot of you guys believe that Gale's grave may be located somewhere in the Ice Canyon, so after completing Floor 4 of ToA, I went around to take a look.

I'm guessing that all of you checked the Ice Canyon, but I don't think y'all checked THE LEDGES of the Ice Canyon. They are also pretty high up, near the height limit, right? I went there today, took a bunch of screenshots because I found a couple of suspicious and interesting things on the ledges of the Ice Canyon.

Bonus: On my trip around the ledges, I found 5-6 Loot II-IIIs, plus a legendary(which later was a shitty Crystal). GG GMs, nice try hiding them.

Screenshots:

2016-01-21_17.03.25.png
    2016-01-21_17.03.27.png

2016-01-21_17.13.05.png
    2016-01-21_17.16.15.png

2016-01-21_17.27.59.png
    2016-01-21_17.28.05.png

Hard to see, but you get the idea.

2016-01-21_17.32.26.png

Attached Files:

8. IggyBoii

IggyBoii I Have No Idea What Im Doing VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i already walked out threw out the entire border of gavel from the fantastic voyage quest to the llevigar place, so scratch that off of the list.

9. TheAule

Guild:
    I think we're on to something. The "I'm so cold diaoogue is a direct quote from the iron golem wretch from An Iron Heart Part I:

"
    Dialogue:

• Guard Golem: W#o is t#ere...
    • Guard Golem: W#y is #t so c#ld?
    • Guard Golem: What.. What have they done to me?
    • Guard Golem: #####*Sobs*#####
    " Credits to Wiki

10. IggyBoii

IggyBoii I Have No Idea What Im Doing VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    are we? or is it just an easter egg...

11. RamonaFlowers

RamonaFlowers Subspace Delivery Girl CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The entire Gale and Ohms secret may be the hardest to crack, second to "???". Geez...

Even finding Gale's Tomb with 3 clues given has been going on for days.

12. Naraka00

Naraka00 Warrior of the Revolution Staff Member Mod Manager Moderator CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Indeed I have checked the hive as well, me and another friend, for hours and nothing was there. (one of the connections to the hive has purple blocks that no other has, and seems to connect to a spider web with stairs, that once more, no other web has, but after that there's nothing there... time to check elsewhere...

13. Red_Fox_Rogue

Red_Fox_Rogue Big fan of cacti VIP+

Minecraft:
    Things!

Immediately after the relic update, I scoured every cave in the ice canyons looking for some. That made going back through pretty easy and I can 98% confirm that there is nothing there.

My only other idea is... somewhere by the spires of Llevigar. Why?

It is high, one of the actual largest y-coords in Gavel.
    It is very obvious, as it is the gateway to gavel and the first part of it that most people see.
    But despite this, no one goes there. You spend very little time in Llevigar anyway, and certainly no time dancing through the rooftops.

Also, we know Llevigar has some connection to golems/electricity. It is one of the largest markets for constructed guard golems.
    I can't get on for 12 hours or so, but if someone else could check that would be swell.

IggyBoii, FierceDeity and XavierEXE like this.
  14. Tyralion

Tyralion Faceless Ambassador VIP

Minecraft:
    Alright, I've checked Every last corner of this great (and very f*cking complicated) city.
    Prison? Check.
    Easter Egg? Check.
    Empty rooms? Check.
    Cemetery? Perhaps a tomb? Leave empty.
    If it's somewhere in the Llevigar area, it's not in the Llevigar itself. Trust me. Still haven't checked the suburbs though, I am going there right now.

XavierEXE likes this.
  15. Red_Fox_Rogue

Red_Fox_Rogue Big fan of cacti VIP+

Minecraft:
    Well okay then. It only makes sense for it to be in the spires somewhere based on the clues we have. It wouldn't be on the plains. The search continues, I guess...

16. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    gaster11.png

Look harder.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    XavierEXE and FierceDeity like this.
  17. McMasterx

McMasterx ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Valar MorGavelis HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Which caves? The ones behind the Hive or on the main comb?

18. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    All of them, I bet

19. Tyralion

Tyralion Faceless Ambassador VIP

Minecraft:
    I have an odd feeling this isn't a hidden room, but something else. Something... Smaller, a sign which points us to another direction...

20. Shoefarts

Shoefarts I fart on shoes CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So you're saying that... MY GUESS WAS RIGHT??!?!?

And on a more serous note, if the tomb IS somewhere near the Hive, it might be in one of the surrounding wall caves or in a nearby path or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.