Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

@devs Special Characters Make Weapons Broken (possible Solution)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Overload, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overload

Overload Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    So, items with special characters (Ik-El-Ván etc.) are broken again. And this time you can see some JSON in the items lore! So I looked at it and thought: Wouldn't it be better to just add the item's name (without special characters) to this JSON and use this to lookup the item from the database (or where ever you look them up). I mean these problems are coming again over and over.

Hope some dev reads this and thinks about the idea ;D

2. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    if you mean the purple code that appears /class solved it for me.

3. fanibu

fanibu Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Here Is an Example for this glitch which happened with my legendary Helmet Pélier (this bug appears cause of the extra character on the "e"). Please admins or mods fix this, because the helmet doesn't even give anything (no health, no extras like water defense etc.).

Attached Files:

4. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it isn't because of the special letters, it happened to me with items that have a perfectly normal name.

5. Overload

Overload Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Well, it happens with Montéfioré, Fierté, Ik-El-Ván, Pélier etc. this isn't a coincidence.

XavierEXE likes this.
  6. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    that's correlation, not causation.

XavierEXE and Gogeta like this.
  7. fanibu

fanibu Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    But with Montéfioré it's not the same, by chance i found it with my lvl 75 assasin account before the gavel update, so this glitch doesn't appear on every weapon or armor with this extra character, but I didn't even had to identify it, I can wear it with every Level and it doesn't give health or defense. As you can see im Level 42 with my 2nd mage and I can wear it, but i think that this bug only appeared after the gavel update on the new weapons or armors, because I have an old Version of Montéfioré and there is no bug, except that the chestplate isn't updated . This should be fixed either.

Attached Files:

XavierEXE likes this.
  8. TrashcanMan

TrashcanMan Hello I am here

Well items with accented characters were already broken before Gavel (sometimes they didn't identify), so the special characters are clearly causing some sort of issue.

XavierEXE likes this.
  9. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They caused a known issue with identifications, maybe it's the same bug that causes this.
    It may have caused this bug but if it is it's not the only thing that's causing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.