Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

[question To The Community] If Wynn Went Indie

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Zoingo, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoingo

Zoingo The robotic Warrior VIP+

Minecraft:
    A simple, hypothetical question. Say if at one point, the Wynn dev team went and made Wynn into its own game. If it left the confines of minecraft, and became an independent, new MMORPG, not connected to any other game. And say, if somehow all our current information was carried over (or not, your choice) What would you do?

This is a thought I've had for a while, and haven't seen discussed often. I'm very curious, how would you, as an individual, react to this? What would you like to see in it? What do you think would occur do to this move? What do you think could lead to this happening? Feel free to add or remove extra scenarios to make your answer more interesting, and talk about what you would do if Wynn went indie (feel free to ignore what some of the stuff you want would cost.)
    Keep in mind, these will be others people's opinions, you don't have to agree with them, and you don't have to prove that your's is right.

Personally, I would follow! Donations would likely be needed, so I would try to give what I can, even if that meant a subscription if it is of reasonable price. And if my info wasn't carried over, it would likely be better, as I can then experience the entire game. I think it would be cool for it to have a more realistic art style, like skyrim or something similar.

2. Goati

Goati actually joeo HERO

Minecraft:
    I probably wouldn't like it as much - I like it how it is in minecraft! I'm not really sure how I would react, but I know I wouldn't play it as much ):

mizzkissy likes this.
  3. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    I thought about this a lot a while ago, and I decided I'd follow them and Wynn on it's new journey. I'd personally love to see this happen, and I think it'd let the wynn team do a lot more a lot faster.

4. Taf

Taf Legendary Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    b-but what about us builders!?

DJBorbo, Ackro, Copper and 1 other person like this.
  5. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    There's always Hypixel.

6. Taf

Taf Legendary Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    But, i dont want to work for hypixel :(

Copper, mizzkissy and Submonsterine like this.
  7. bobbob9830

bobbob9830 Hi

Guild:
    They'd still need designs haha

8. erosdog

erosdog Skilled Adventurer

I think that would be horrible, that would make wynncraft lost it's identity, it wounldn't be wynncraft anymore without minecraft. Personally I wounldn't follow it.

9. ThePastryMaster

ThePastryMaster Officially poor, will work for emeralds and bread

Builders, such as Grian, would be unemployed (and so would Jumla too cause you wouldn't need to write all those plugins) and Salted's dream of world domination/becoming the sole owner of Wynncraft would finally come true...

Tama doesn't count :P

10. Ackro

Ackro The true Elite Quadbrid! HERO

Minecraft:
    There is no way WynnCraft could ever survive as an independent game in it's current state. The game design is not developed enough, making flaws like the lack of replayability appear.

Also, if Salted and Grian were to have developed a stabilized game design, it would no longer be unique. There are countless small MMORPGs out there, and there is no demand for another. What makes WynnCraft unique is the fact that it is indeed inside of a game. It is one of the first, if not the first, and biggest MMORPG in Minecraft that has come this far.

We should be proud of where we are. Going too far would just ruin the uniqueness.

11. DJBorbo

DJBorbo Wannabe edgy memeboi HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    276167_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Get-Out_1280x1024.jpg
    GET OUT

12. Eridan Ampora

Eridan Ampora Prince of Rustic Builds VIP+

Minecraft:
    Wynndie*
    Aside from the name being great, in my opinion, it should stay in minecraft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.