Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

SPOILER Iron Heart Ending Choice

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Wraith132, Dec 30, 2015.

?

Which ending did you choose?

1. Morally correct: Helping the detective and reporting the existence of the factory.

56.4%
  2. Morally wrong: Keeping the location of the factory a secret and not telling the detective.

43.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RonuPlays

RonuPlays I used to have more posts, before 9/7

Minecraft:
    If I knew that morally wrong means more emeralds, I would have done that. I didn't choose it because I would get armor below my level (I did the quest at level 67) and I thought morally right meant emeralds instead.

2. Wraith132

Wraith132 Wraith132

Yeah!!!!!

3. CheesePrince13

CheesePrince13 Eternally Inactive HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The way I see it, the "Morally wrong" choice is, in the end, the more morally correct choice. Sure a small percentage of villagers are turned into Golems, but this allows thousands of, if not more, villagers to live safe lives. Before I explain any further, please do not give me the "they don't even do anything" argument for two reasons. For one, they actually do defend areas and attack hostile mobs now. As for my second reason, this is an RPG server, or a role-playing server. Especially when so much lore is provided for the server in the quests and throughout the map, some things shouldn't be decided by the limitations of the server and medium. That's why, even before Golems attacked mobs, I still see this as the better choice, simply to better fit with the story. What kind of hero would choose to save a small handful of people, and, in the process, make the decision to sentence the entirety of both provinces to death. Despite the NPC stating this, nobody even seems to give thought to it, and just dismisses it as a bribe, rather than a valid argument.

It is indeed hard to give up on those in front of you, but when one looks past them and sees that thousands of lives hang in the balance, I believe that, as the scientist said, sacrificing a few is a small price to pay. Despite this, I would like to have saved those who are used for Golems too, but between the two, the choice is clear.

The main reason I have to say any of this is that nobody here had even begun to talk about the bad side. Everyone keeps rambling about how the money is useless at this point and how the Good armor is better and that choosing evil was an accident; nobody has yet provided a valid reason for that choice and everyone so far has made it sound like a terrible decision.

I'm not saying that all people are required to play the game based on their ideals and beliefs; I do realize that for some people, being the best at the game truly is all that they are concerned about. Everyone has their own way of playing the game, but fewer and fewer people seem to actually be enjoying themselves with the lore and story provided. Even with quests remade, most people are seemingly more concerned with racing to Level 100 and having the best gear.

I feel I must state, nothing I said here was involved with my thought process on this quest. In the community, I enjoy being a nice guy and helping people out. In terms of lore and decisions, I simply enjoy playing the bad guy c:
    For once, bad guy and good guy just happened to overlap.

Edit: Sorry for the long post, when I get into a tangent I tend to overexplain and leave walls of text :3

iZenix and Tyralion like this.
  4. ron111701

ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I chose the morally wrong because I was lady. I plan on doing the right option with my dark wizard

5. shaharcoolmen

shaharcoolmen SHsuperCM

Guild:
    it depends on what you want in the end....

even if you dont tell the detective you will then save hundrends of ppl...

if you choose to not tell you will get less xp and more money(not that much)
    but if you tell you get more xp and less money(that's what i did because i rather get xp over money...)

both ways dont have anything to do with morality because you do something bad in either ways...

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  6. iZenix

iZenix Hacked AK-2 Security droid

Minecraft:
    As a testificate in heart, I tend to perceive things without much moral judgement.

In the context, both choices have their caveats and are neither perfectly right or wrong.

Taking the bribe will result in 10 villagers being slaughtered, but may potentially save millions.

Reporting Ulrix will result in the opposite.

From this perspective, remaining silent has the lowest cost, as only ten will die.

However, if we ignore the roeplaying completely and judge based on how willagers act, reporting Ulrix is more logical.

Compared with hostile entities of a similar level, residents of cities, towns and settlements tend to have vast pools of health and regeneration. Mobs simply don't make a dent in them, and mobs tend to be vanquished by thr player anyway.

Following this thought, reporting Ukrix would be more logical, since the villagers are too tough for the native monsters in that area.

I conpleted the quest yesterday (double xp week is OP), and I based my decision upon my reward.

The bribe gives more emeralds and grants a pair of leggings with "shameful" identifications (hurting mobs to heal yourself feels self-douchening), whereheas reporting Ulrix gives less money and a pair of leggings with "honourable" ID.

All in all, your choice depends on what you need most at that stage. I took the bribe and let Ulrix mod the citizens because I wanted life steal and poison to save some potions.

As for the fact that people don't enjoy the lore very much, there's nothing we can do. We have our playstyles. I do agree that the lore is fun if you do care about roleplaying. It's better than before.

Wraith132 and CheesePrince13 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.