Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Why Is This Boss So Hard?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Paradoxical, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradoxical

Paradoxical Machina Infinitum VIP

Minecraft:
    Is it just me, or is the boss of the level 60 quest Beneath The Depths (the treasure guardian) extremely difficult for the level of the quest. It not only runs rather fast and melee hits pretty hard, but it is very fond of spamming an arrow storm spell that can take off almost half my health and is very hard to dodge due to the lack of cover in the boss room and the previously mentioned speed. I can barely make a dent in this boss's health bar due to spending all my time and mana just trying to not die. Can someone tell me if this difficulty is intentional and if so give me some pointers?

EDIT: Also, just wanted to mention that he uses the melee mob combat AI, yet he carries a bow and uses arrow storm, which seems more appropriate to the ranged mob combat AI. This combination of chasing the player while also using a powerful arrow storm makes him very difficult, and seems unintentional, as I seem to remember that before the update he was more melee based.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  2. Paradoxical

Minecraft:
    Bump, I really would like an answer to this question if anyone has one...

3. Fyloket

Fyloket Positively bonkers

Guild:
    Get a high-levelled friend to do it with you. It wasn't difficult when I did the quest a while ago, so it must have changed.

What equipment are you using?

4. Zitrine

Zitrine Lore-kun CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Before the update I one-hitted it, if I remember right o-o

CheesePrince13 and SlamBam1214 like this.
  5. Paradoxical

Minecraft:
    I'm using the best rare and legendary items I could find for my level, and the relic wand as my main weapon. My skill points are currently pretty bad, I am planning to buy a reset scroll soon. This guy's real difficulty actually seems to stem from the bug I mention where he uses the AI of a melee fighter (tracking and chasing the player) and using arrow storm as his spell.

6. CheesePrince13

CheesePrince13 Eternally Inactive HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Difficulty update along with less regen and pots being almost required now probably made it much harder XD
    I feel bad for anyone who does it now. I walked in, screamed in its face, and Uppercut'd it into the ceiling c:

Zitrine likes this.
  7. Zitrine

Zitrine Lore-kun CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    LOOOOOOOL

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  8. Paradoxical

Minecraft:
    Did it have these same abilities before the update? Because this really seems more like a glitch.

9. CheesePrince13

CheesePrince13 Eternally Inactive HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Considering I did that quest months ago, I honestly don't remember. It easily could have, because at that level, the old skill system already made us broken. Even with the same abilities, each class already had its own guaranteed method of killing bosses. For example, Archers could just Mana Steal and Arrow Storm and there was nothing that it could have done. So unless someone actually waited to see what the boss did before brutally slaughtering it, then I don't think we'll know.

Edit:
    Your post is only 9char, sir. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.