Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Why Are There So Much People Hating The Gavel Update ?!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Infynyty, Dec 21, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infynyty

Infynyty The secret organization of Apples (soon). VIP

Minecraft:
    I know there are some bugs and its a bit laggy (because of over 1000 players) but I don't think thats fair. I know that not everybody is hating but those who are doing this are really unfair. I mean the content team worked about 2 years and now you hate them?! And they are also going to fix things. Look they have to do Gavel fast because everybody is like uhh why isn't gavel here already! Also if you don't understand everything(like the skills and the elements)
    its no reason for hating them! Its not easy at the beginning but you'll understand it soon !
    Hopefully all the haters will think about it !

KaFred

2. chaostitan

chaostitan Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    In my opinion I love this update everything is fantastic except for the new damage mechanics. Also a lot of the quest are glitch but this is the first day of gavel so that is to be expected

RandomRaposa and Isabeau37 like this.
  3. Infynyty

Infynyty The secret organization of Apples (soon). VIP

Minecraft:
    Good to hear this :D

4. TrashcanMan

TrashcanMan Hello I am here

I think a lot of people are hating right now because a) lots and lots of bugs, which is to be expected with any major update, and b) because so many things changed that people are having trouble getting used to stuff. Don't worry, all the hate will probably go away in a month or two. Personally, I think the update is great, though adjusting to all the changes will take some time.

5. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Right what I said. I'm with ya :D

6. mountainman700

mountainman700 Well-Known Adventurer

i love the gavel update

7. SuperTM

SuperTM Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    this update is awsome. Just the bugs are a bit annoying but yea, those will probebly get fixed soon. the only real problem I have is the fact that you regen mana super slow. it doesn't make the game harder as intended but it makes it more boring in some way. you spam all abilitys and then you have to stand still (can't even move because of hunger) till it gets refilled. If they changed that it was the best update ever ;)

8. Wynncraftian

Wynncraftian Old Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    I'm gonna be honest here. I... Actually enjoy the old wynncraft more. Because of the build system, and not being able to wear my Crystal and Blue Mask, I pretty much wasted a pretty decent amount of money. I didn't really understand what you needed to wear the armor...

n4ver, mothwolf and SlamBam1214 like this.
  9. cloud yeehaw

cloud yeehaw perfectly centered reimu floating midair

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Don't worry! They're adding in a ton of items - You don't have to wear the legendary endgame anymore. Crystal now only works for a certain build, and maybe you can find some new stuff that'll work for your build.

Also, the money part I have to slightly agree on but it was necessary.

Devourer likes this.
  10. MasterMiner

MasterMiner Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well if the went slowely it would of been good. I'm guessing when wynncraft started they didn't have thing called identifications (I think ignore me if they jumped straight to
    to the whole thing like what it was before but) if they started with the gavel
    map and quest and items then have a month elements after a month all the other stuff but they jumped straight to it which made it so conplex

11. Minitinipower

Minitinipower just a guy

Minecraft:
    I think they hate it because they arn't use to the new item system and such. It's new and a bit hard but I like it!

RandomRaposa likes this.
  12. SageBuilds

SageBuilds Irrational Potato Storage Designer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Certain pieces of armor now have different kinds of prerequisites for you you use them. In addition to a level minimum, many now have skill point requirements or quest requirements. The Skill point requirement in particular means that at some point you will need to pick and choose which pieces of armor to wear because not every piece of the top teir armor can be worn at once, some requiring 70 points in one stat, one needing 50 in two other stats and so on. Eventually, you just don't have enough points. So anyways people now have to pick what armor to wear for their uses.

13. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well. They 'jumped straight at it' Because you started as a high leveled class.
    It's actually explained very well, and it's very easy to learn if you start from level 1. Level 75 items are way more complicated than level 1 items, that's why Salted recommends starting over on 1 class to 'explore' the Element system.

14. Rane022

Rane022 Computer Crazy

I personally am a bit annoyed at having to id everything. I am also getting almost no xp and sprinting is also super annoying because it uses mana that regens really slow. These are the only things that are really annoying me at the moment.

I don't think anyone actually hates the entire update, I think it's just minor annoyances like the ones bothering me.

----------------------------
    on a side note:
    The complexity of the game now is also a bit overwhelming for a casual laid back gamer like myself(not really a bad thing, I just don't want to put a lot of time and effort into figuring it all out... aka being lazy... lol).

mothwolf and SwordOfSkies like this.
  15. SwordOfSkies

SwordOfSkies Adventurer of Gavel

Because... yes this is going to be a copout... haters gonna hate.

16. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    People don't like change, oh, and bugs and lag of course
    In Gavel, the level 70 legendary diamond was not made for each other.

17. mothwolf

mothwolf Member of the Octovon build team

To be completely honest.. I think this is the update that will end Wynncraft for me.

The item system is odd and kind of dumb in my opinion (please note this is all my opinion, don't let it effect you.), I hate having to ID everything just to see what it is, and I hate the resource pack. It just looks so boring to me.

Needing X skill points to wear X thing is pretty stupid, skill points should used as a way to play a certain way, not as a requirement to wear armor.

And most importanly everything changed to fast. It doesn't even feel like Wynn anymore to me.

Disclaimer : This is all my opinion, please don't be offended by it.

Gogeta likes this.
  18. Devourer

Devourer Lava Warrior VIP+

Minecraft:
    The new item system is easy to adjust to... as long as you were one of those people who actually listened to Salted and Grian when they said that you should start a new class. I followed them, I found the new item system fun. The now-haters didn't, they hate the Gavel Update.

19. Wynncraftian

Wynncraftian Old Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    I have another weird problem... I'm using a Bob's Mythic Spear, and for some reason, I do so little damage. I have 90+ points put into the attack skill point, and I still do as much damage as the actual spear does. I'm not sure if I did something wrong... 2015-12-21_18.08.29.png 2015-12-21_18.08.30.png 2015-12-21_18.10.40.png

P.S. I like Gavel, it's just that I hate how the element system for armor works.

20. Tantibus

Tantibus Chairman of the Wynnviet Union, God of Dern CT Manager HERO GM CMD

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What are you talking about? Gavel's the worst update to Wynncraft ever! This server has gone so downhill...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.