Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

1.14 The Gavel Expansion - Changelog

Discussion in 'Major Updates' started by Salted, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    What’s this? Could it be?
    Indeed! It is finally time, here’s the Gavel Announcement Thread!

Grian isn’t there to talk about the province in depth, so it will mostly be a gameplay changelog. Keep in mind that most of what is said here has also been said in the livestream yesterday!

First of, what is Gavel?
    Gavel is the first expansion for Wynncraft. It comes with more than double the map size, double the amount of quests, a whole new item system, and much more!

Keep in mind this thread will probably keep being updated, there’s so much new stuff that I definitely forgot some.

Let’s get started.

Gameplay/Art

The Resource Pack

Wynncraft now has an official resource pack! And we went really all in with it. We didn’t just added new block textures, but also weapon models, whole new blocks, and much more!

This is a pack specifically designed for Wynncraft. Here’s how it looks at first glance...
    [​IMG]

It looks pretty damn rad. We went with a 16x16 medieval-themed pack. Compared to vanilla Minecraft, it is much more warm and sober. Here’s a comparison…

[​IMG]

Of course we didn’t just stop there. Did you guys ever felt like Minecraft needed some candles? I sure do!
    And let’s not forget about retractable spikes, ropes, books, and chandeliers.

But the best is yet to come! We also made custom weapon models. How many you ask? Well we have about 12 of them... Just kidding, we actually have 80 models. Eighty! That’s 20 models per weapon types.

It’s hard to talk about something so visual like a resource pack. Hopefully this got you guys curious! You’ll see more of the pack in-game and we hope you’ll love it just as much as we do.

Mobs Changes

We made a good amount of mob changes in this update. The first one, you guys will probably not even notice! We completely rewrote how mobs work. If you didn’t know, mobs are the most resource heavy thing we have on our server. By themselves they can easily reach 50% of our server lag. Well not anymore! We made them insanely efficient. How efficient? We don’t know. We literally can’t test it. Our Minecraft client crashes because of the insane amount of mobs before the server even starts lagging.

The second change is in how the mobs act. We used to only have 3 AIs (artificial intelligence): Melee, Ranged and Passive. Now be prepared to see mobs run away from you, team up together, trying to get you from the side, charge at you, protect you, and much more!

Potions

Wait, who needs potions? With lifesteal you can be literally invincible… right? Well not anymore! Potions got completely changed. How so? Well…
    • They are now insta-drink. One click and it’s done!
    • They have charges, which means you can drink them more than once.
    • There are now skill point potions allowing you have a buff for a certain amount of time.
    Here’s how they now look:

[​IMG]

They are now very useful. Health doesn’t regen as fast as it used to, and lifesteal got nerfed. I highly recommend you guys stack up some potions before going adventuring.

Shops

Shops got changed! Goodbye good ol’ inefficient villager GUI! You can simply click to buy something now. Weapon and armour merchants also sells interesting items that can only be found in shops.

The Website

The website got a new makeover! Thanks to Ari and Michael, we now have one hell of a sexy website. It’s also insanely fast now. Tama did some strange shenanigans that makes it load even faster than before. I recommend you guys go check it out! Especially the class section and the item guide. ;D

[​IMG]

Accessories

We’re slowly getting into the interesting part! Wynncraft now has 3 more types of items you can wear to boost your character. Which are: Rings, Necklaces and Bracelets!

They are more rare than most normal item, and usually found in loot chest III & IV.

The Item System

Now this is the big one. The item system has COMPLETELY changed from what it used to be.

The biggest change is of course, the elements, which I’ve already explained in depth in this post. But here’s a quick tl;dr for you out there who don’t want to read another thread/watch the stream video…

tl;dr Elements will change how you build your character. Fire, for example, will often be found linked with tanky items. They aren’t just another number to keep in mind when creating your build but whole sub-classes that can be mixed and built however you want.

Your skill points will give you elemental damage as well. They should give you an idea of what type of build you’re getting into. For example, agility boosts your air damage. Air items often improve your movement speed and attack speed.

This is the part where I get more serious and need to explain something relatively hard to explain, so bear with me here. The biggest change with this new system is that your items now have a ‘soul’. A reason to exist. They aren’t just items with a bigger number as you level up. You feel like you understand their reason for being. Weird, uh? This is not a change that you will immediately notice, but it’s something that you will ‘’feel’’. Some items might seem odd for you, but might be insanely useful for someone else. You will be able to build something with some personality, build something however you want.

For example, you could go all in with a brute-type build, wearing items making your spells very inefficient but making your main attack insanely powerful. Or maybe you want to be very weird and only attack using your teleport spell? Gear up with items boosting your raw spell damage and your mana regen! And geez, why not go with this strange setup where your health decrease over time and you need to hit enemies to survive? Anything is possible!

It also means that you could accidentally get yourself a very dangerous build. One that could kill you if you’re not being careful. Be creative, a bigger number doesn’t necessarily mean it’s better!

Now, this whole thing changes stuff around a lot. Here are some tips I recommend so you don’t feel too overwhelmed with this update…

1. Get some health potions. They are very useful now. (yes, even for mages)
    2. Be careful of your mana! Some mobs will go faster than you, you need to be able to use your escape spell at any moment.
    3. Rotate arounds ranged mobs to avoid their projectile
    4. Keep in mind your element/playstyle when choosing your equipment

Gavel

Now, Grian isn’t here right now to talk about how amazing the province is, but I highly recommend to watch the stream hype video to hear more about it. To make it short, the province has…

• A 40-100 lvl range
    • 50+ new INSANE quests, with cinematics and much more!
    • An amazing amount of new mobs
    • A province 133% the size of Wynn!
    • Spectacular builds with an insane amount of details
    • Secrets that aren’t expected to be discovered for months!
    • Rich lore which will hopefully make tons of WynnTheory threads appear!
    • Hours and hours of gameplay!
    [​IMG]

Misc. Changes

• XP is now shared depending on the % of damage you did to the mob, not the last hit
    • Boss will drop their untradable item for everyone who damaged it enough. No need to kill Bob 10 times for each party member anymore!
    • Trade glitch where a stack of 64 could eat your items is fixed
    • Elevator glitch fixed
    • Damages now show up when you hit an enemy
    • Merchants now sell more interesting stuff (except in the higher level area, will be updated later)
    • Fixed items not able to be identified
    • Fixed a lot of empty caves in Wynn
    • Mana is slower to regen in water (use a boat, you fools!)
    • Tons of new armour skins
    • Rebalance of the spells
    • Nesaak now has item buyer, identifier and more
    • Fixed a whole bunch of bugs
    • 17 new songs from Needlr!
    • Mobs drops more emeralds
    • Scroll merchant prices are decreased
    • Party XP bonus got boosted from 10% to 20%
    • Dungeons gives better XP/rewards
    • Quests XP got updated
    • XP requirement per level also got changed. You might login to a sudden level up, don’t panic!
    • Loot chests will only drop items of the similar level of mobs nearby
    • Added fall damage + damage done by environment will hurt you a lot more
    • Proper class creation system! You can now have as many of one class as you want (well, with a maximum amount), and can delete any character you want!

Release Date

Gavel will 99% for sure come out this sunday, the 20th of december. It’s still fall, we did it in time!
    The network will go down for a few hours before the release so we can get prepared.

And last little thing, no main storyline and powders just yet! Powders will be in a follow up update, while the main story line will be in a few weeks, we want to make sure to do it right and not rush it.

Credit

Even though you guys might mostly hear about me, Grian or Jumla, there are a lot of people who
    worked on this expansion. It's not exaggerating to say that Gavel would not have been even possible without
    all of those incredible people. Each one of them added a little bit of themselves as to make one of the most
    creative and insane update we've ever done. Volunteering many, many hours of their time to bring you guys
    what they can do best. If you encounter one of these people during your journey throughout Gavel, make sure to let them know how amazing they are. They deserve all the praise they can get, and more!

Owners

Salted
    Game Design, Managing, Ideas

Grian
    Lead Builder, Content Management, Ideas

Jumla
    Lead Dev, Managing, Ideas

Admins

Crunkle
    Dev, Ideas

mooman219
    Dev

Tama
    Website Dev

HiMyNameIsAJ
    Website Dev

More...

Selvut
    Vast majority of the new items, Quests

LoveLusting
    Website Art

Michael
    Website Art

zeldahuman
    Resource Pack design, 3D Modeling

Energyxxer
    3D Modeling

FireCatHD
    3D Modeling

Needlr
    In-game Music

Storm_Smurf
    Armour Skins

DarknessFall
    Vast majority of Gavel mobs design

Builders & GM who made this update possible! (message me if I forgot someone)

Ackro
    _DeaDline_
    BlockyNoob
    Hams_
    CamestonDS
    Alexandress
    Tantibus
    Capa
    Lotem
    Cubie
    Sitriok
    Acer
    Corroded
    Devastation
    Broettinger
    sci_fi_nut_123
    Abandonedbank
    Oculus27
    Nohats
    Mekyr
    im4life
    Energyxxer
    SageBuilds
    Alexdacube
    Selvut283
    GoodVibes
    Shtafjord
    Headset_O
    Gokatgo
    Im_Leo_
    Poison

2. Ice Guy

Ice Guy I'm a little too icy for you VIP

Minecraft:
    YES FIRST!!! YAYAYA

OMG ON THE GAVEL CHANGELOG?

I'm dead. holy crap.

Anyways, I'd like to congratulate the entire team for making what's going to be the best update in any game ever. Your guys' work will DEFINITELY not be for nothing. I hope this server grows and you guys all get the recognition you deserve! Here's to more years of Wynn! :D

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  3. Tyler4011

Tyler4011 wicked wowza VIP+

Minecraft:
    It's here!!! Danggit, second! Lol :P

I can't believe it's finally here! After a year of work for the content team... It must be so satisfying for it to be this close for all of you! I can't wait to start playing <3

4. CreepersAmongUs

CreepersAmongUs In a mysterious new world full of weeaboos VIP+

Minecraft:
    ALLAHU AKBAR ITS HERE OIOIOIOI

5. bobbob9830

bobbob9830 Hi

Guild:
    [​IMG] HYYYPPPPEE
    "Login to a sudden level up" PLEASE LORD PLEASE
    My mind's tellin' me no, but my body, my body is tellin' me yes!!

6. Ninjazzzzzz

Ninjazzzzzz Certified Sacrificer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!

Btw, I told you guys. I said that they'd be on time >:D

Linnyflower likes this.
  7. Infernoshadowcla

Infernoshadowcla Dragon Master Archer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The Hype can not be contained. I look forward to exploring Gavel's environment.

CourageousCake and RandomRaposa like this.
  8. Rickysosa

Rickysosa Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    It's finally here! i've been waiting since 1.10

BuffAirSpear and Ackro like this.
  9. Grvphene

Grvphene Wiki guru VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    GAVEL HYPE!
    So many changes :o

10. Jakethybro

Jakethybro Journeyman Toast HERO

Minecraft:
    oh my! Awesome!
    EDIT: Wait, did a little noob like me just get on first page? My life is complete.

11. Kurumiii

Kurumiii Princess of the Foxes | Twinsies with Fangs

Guild:
    DON'T LOSE YOUR WAYYYYYY!!!!

12. Dodo

Dodo Meme Machine VIP+

Minecraft:
    IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. PillowPet

PillowPet Lovable Neighborhood Pillow CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The time has come! I'm have kept a "Gavel's Memory" wand on me ever since the 1.12 Update in honor of this day!

14. RobuParoxysm

RobuParoxysm lw'v d vfuhdp, edeb! 3 HERO

Minecraft:
    YES FINALLY THE CHANGELOG

Yuta Okkotsu likes this.
  15. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:

In these times of celebration, I come here bearing not good news, but bad news.

We’ve lost a good friend today

I’m sure you might remember them, and for those who don’t… They were quite the joker, with every joke they said, everyone cried tears of joy, sure, it got a little stale, but they will be missed, we hope that our friend will be remembered for a long time, don’t cry, they’re in a better place now

[​IMG]

RIP old friend

2014-2015

cameston, FAZu, Soviet Union and 19 others like this.
  16. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's been what, 2ish years since I first heard of Gavel? I honestly never though that I'd get to see it, but thankfully I was wrong... *Insert trains here*

niho1212 and Icy like this.
  17. Declarations

Declarations Adventurous Stitch

Guild:
    Neat, looking forward to the release!

Josh_Sturgeon likes this.
  18. GoldenDuck

GoldenDuck Quack, quack, quack VIP+

Minecraft:
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow!
    Just wow!
    First page on the Gavel announcement thread :)

And Gavel tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Potateau

Potateau Big Teeth HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What does no main story line mean?

20. cloud yeehaw

cloud yeehaw perfectly centered reimu floating midair

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can't wait! Gavel's going to be amazing, everyone.

Microvac likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.