Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Double Xp For Vips Feedback - Part 2!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Salted, Dec 6, 2015.

?

Yay or Nay?

1. Yay!

2. Nay...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mothwolf

mothwolf Member of the Octovon build team

If we did this no one would donate, which would just make the same problem we have now.

2. SuperTM

SuperTM Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    what would work is that when you vote you get 5-10 minutes double xp (not longer) so non vips are like" omg I get so much xp in this 5 min" so they see what it is to be vip and might buy the rank just because of the fact that they want the buff al the time :)

Zencet likes this.
  3. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Voting, for anything, can be a non-thought out action. What we need are players who think before they vote, hence, bribery is not the answer to getting people to vote. Non-donors get 2X XP when an XP bomb is thrown on a server. Giving away something valuable, all of the time, for nothing, has no return value to the server, and is absolutely not the intention of this thread. The entire purpose for increasing the XP of players is to get more players to support the server, financially, by donating for ranks or other items.

mothwolf, LukeW2464 and SuperTM like this.
  4. LukeW2464

LukeW2464 Alfie's m8, VIP+

Guild:
    Yes, there may be the Gold Coins, but I don't think Gold Coins alone will be enough, even if Gold Coins brought in more money, VIP would bring in that extra money needed for them to actually somewhat break even, but only if VIP was worth it.

5. xBananaGamer96X

xBananaGamer96X Travelled Adventurer

there are not enough players in the wynncraft playerbase for more people to continuously buy VIP at previous rates. for one-time ranks like VIP, the amount of sales will always fall over time due to lack of people willing to pay (the server population hasn't been going up). however, gold coin purchases are continuously bought by a group of whales which in turn means a much greater source of revenue over longer periods of time. due to this, I doubt that VIP/VIP+ brings in wynncraft amounts of money noticeable compared to goldcoin purchases which do not decline as long as the playerbase doesn't (you will always feel good and want to buy more itembombs, want to level up faster and get xpbombs, etc.) even if we buffed VIP significantly, it would not bring in increased revenue, even if it did, it would not be sustained, because VIP is a one time purchase and most people who want VIP have already gotten it. kthx

mothwolf likes this.
  6. LukeW2464

Guild:
    Not to be rude to any non-VIP nor am I encouraging hate or anything, I would rather Salted asked the VIP's specifically how we want VIP to work, without asking the non-VIP's who are inevitably going to make it as good and beneficial to them.

-Like I said, I'm not saying that as non-VIP hate.
    Hmm interesting; I haven't known anyone to buy Gold Coins more than once, and if they did it would usually be the $15 package, whereas VIP+ is $50. If VIP was buffed significantly like you said, more people would be encouraged to buy it, but your right, it wouldn't be sustained, I don't really think anything can be 'sustained' unless you have a monthly subscription sorta thing or a lot of people buy Gold Coins each day, and lets face it, there aren't a HUGE amount of people buying Gold Coins.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    Zencet and SuperTM like this.
  7. xBananaGamer96X

i've personally spent $75 (15-30-30) on gold coins so far - and while there aren't a huge amount of people buying gold coins, the people who are doing so are generally doing it multiple times (me lol), thus, creating a more long-term source of income. think: every shout and every bomb ever was part of a gold coin purchase. also it's 2am for me here lol

8. LukeW2464

Guild:
    Well, you must be one of the few people buying that amount of Gold Coins. Two people buying VIP+ has already overtaken the amount of your shopping spree on Gold Coins.

9. ReYZhiA_

ReYZhiA_ Need a profile picture plz HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sure 2xp <3 <3

10. xBananaGamer96X

here:
    In January, the top spenders accounted for 50 percent of revenues. That means spending is more concentrated now.

The report also found that the monthly mean average spend is $24.93 (up from $22 in January). The typical paying player makes just under three purchases in a month, with the average price of each purchase being $8.34.

About 50 percent of all paying gamers make only one purchase in the month, with 16 percent making five or more in the same period. Individual purchases of a value up to $5 made up 55 percent of all purchases. But they accounted for only 18.5 percent of revenues. Meanwhile, purchases of more than $50 made up only 1 percent of all purchases but contributed more than 11 percent of revenue.

"The typical paying player makes just under three purchases in a month" -
    people who make paying purchases usually pay multiple times (in the case of wynncraft, goldcoin)
    http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/22/swrve-finds-that-only-1-35-of-players-spend-money-in-mobile-games/

11. LukeW2464

Guild:
    But this is about Mobile Games - We're talking about Wynncraft, you can't just take recorded data for Mobile Games and use it to overview Wynncraft. We don't know how many people actually buy things in Wynncraft - For all we know the GM's could be lying and making a ridiculous amount of money.

"The typical paying player makes just under three purchases in a month" - Yes - For a mobile game, most semi-popular mobile games will have more users than Wynncraft has players.
    Yes you may get people like you who buy some Gold Coins every once in a while, But I don't know anyone who buys that amount of Gold Coins.

And anyway this thread isn't about how much Gold Coins people buy - though I do understand what your saying - this is about Double XP for VIP's.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  12. SuperTM

Minecraft:
    Please keep in mind that when gavel is going to get released the player base will increase with a huge amount. At the moment only veteran players keep playing it because it's the place where they meet there friends. There where no big updates last few months and most players had already done 80% of the quests so they quited. When gavel comes out most of these people will come back and alot of popular youtubers will make videos about the update so there will also be a bunch of totaly new players. we want THOSE people to buy vip. not the current player base.

LukeW2464 likes this.
  13. kingmike99

kingmike99 The Meteor

Assuming that those YouTubers will actually play Wynncraft again...
    How do you know that they will play Wynncraft again?

14. SuperTM

Minecraft:
    Yea yogscaqt for example always makes a video when an update comes out. that are at least 100k people that see that..

LukeW2464 likes this.
  15. kingmike99

kingmike99 The Meteor

You do realise that the last Wynncraft video made by a Yoggscast member was atleast 1 year ago?

Aswell as that he didnt make a video for the last Wynncraft update... (The 1.13 Wynnter update)

16. SuperTM

Minecraft:
    the wynnter update was nothing special. 1.12 changed alot. anyways gavel is going to be the biggest update ever. most people that got bored of the game will most likely come back ( like 4 of my friends)

LukeW2464 likes this.
  17. LukeW2464

Guild:
    Yeah exactly, I used to know literally like 8 people that were on a lot, now, I only rarely go on, but that'll change with Gavel.

18. xBananaGamer96X

People who have actually played through the entire WynnCraft experience most likely would have already bought VIP/VIP+ while they were playing. The only way these players can continue contributing monetarily would be via Gold Coins (initial player cycles as when I said when I first came in and Luke had to poke me on my comment). Also, as kingmike99 said, they may not play WynnCraft again.

a) grammar
    b) WynnCraft is over two years old at this point. Most people would have tried it if they wanted to at this point - and the new videos would be watched by people who already do play WynnCraft, the people you mention in the first part of your post (addressed above), those who have played before and didn't enjoy it or those who quit along the way, and those who haven't heard of it but thought "wait it's level 40+ how can I enjoy this thing they're playing, which is a relatively small minority of people who watch these. Now, out of this small minority, you have to get those who become paying customers (in my above post, 1.35%) to spend a considerable chunk of money ($25/$50) without any stepping stones toward it. However, for those new players, Gold Coins may be a better option ($5 to start and you can already use that to buy some bombs) and the effects of them can be much more immediately satisfying for them (double XP! I get to level up faster and get to the place where that YouTuber I watched went!)

ok does that address your argument

19. LukeW2464

Guild:
    Yes you can buy XP bombs with Gold Coins, Yes Gold Coins make up most of their income, but if features such as double XP are re-introduced people who previously hadn't bought VIP may be induced to buy it which would give Wynncraft more money, even if it is a small percentage of their total income, and plus, adding Double XP probably really isn't that hard and it will give them a boost in income no matter how much, even if only 1 more person ever buys VIP, that's still money to go towards the server.

SuperTM likes this.
  20. xBananaGamer96X

i fail to comprehend

No, it isn't hard, but Minecraft EULA's a dick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.