Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Double Xp For Vips Feedback - Part 2!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Salted, Dec 6, 2015.

?

Yay or Nay?

1. Yay!

2. Nay...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mothwolf

mothwolf Member of the Octovon build team

More bank space would break the EULA, and even if we ignore the EULA how many people would donate for bank space?

2. SuperTM

SuperTM Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I agree on that. There are only a few people thinking further and comparing all the negatives with the positives. And yes, those people are VIPs. but the reason they do that is because they care about the server and want to keep it running. non vips think like this: "Should I give vips a bonus I can never get orrr a bonus where I benefit more from then they". you know the awnser is obvious the 2nd. the poll right now only shows us that only 1/6 players on the forum is a vip...

LukeW2464 and Moe_Ronickah like this.
  3. mothwolf

mothwolf Member of the Octovon build team

This post makes VIPs look like some kind of angels of something, I'm not saying VIPs are bad but I wouldn't say they all care about the server and the only ones that are thinking about this are VIPs, I'm not a VIP and I'm trying to find a solution and I'm sure there are others out there that aren't VIP and are also thinking about this.

4. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    OKOKOKOKOK!! This is not now, nor was it ever, nor will it ever be tolerated to become a "hate" thread against non-VIPs or a "VIPs is Gr8st!" thread. The reality is that the great majority of people who are talking about server sustainability are VIP/VIP+s. Why is that? It's because people who donate to a server typically have more than just a feel-good interest in the server. Emotions can change, over time. Currency spent is an investment, and humans tend to remember currency that they spend. You've been here for almost 2 years; that is a lot of emotional investment. Wynn means something more to you than just another MC server. You aren't the only one who feels that way, donors and non-donors alike. Further, people who have donated or who will donate in the future have a strong emotional tie to the server, that they further strengthened by making those donations. What we were saying is that the bias in the comments and voting, towards some type of sheep or token, is clearly mostly from non-donors who are only interested in what they can get from that type of system. That does not mean that this is the way all non-donors think, it means that the bias is from non-donors who do think that way.

5. SuperTM

Minecraft:
    Exactly what I was going to say. I don't wanna hate on regular players. It's just the fact that a non vip would most likely vote for something that benefits them instead of giving others an advantige. Thats the reason they don't come up with arguments to show this is not the best idea.

LukeW2464 likes this.
  6. Shinigami

Shinigami [Owner]PhantomDeath

Guild:
    I have a good idea they can make a Server only for Vip/Vip+ WC-VIP with 24/7 xp bomb and vips can invite other Players to the server only vip server are not illegal z.b. beta tests only for vip and the bomb is for all Players on the Server so it does not break the EULA

7. Lovelicot

Lovelicot Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    JEB SHEEP!!! GREAT IDEA!!! =D

8. LukeW2464

LukeW2464 Alfie's m8, VIP+

Guild:
    Great lets make a server to isolate the VIP'S... yay, never liked you scrubs anyway. :D Kappa btw

- Also people would literally BEG 24/7 to be invited to a VIP double XP world.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    Moe_Ronickah likes this.
  9. Shinigami

Shinigami [Owner]PhantomDeath

Guild:
    the normal players don't know your name ... and they can make a /ignore command for Vips ...
    and why isolate you can join other servers when you don't farm and you can invite your friends to farm with you

10. SuperTM

Minecraft:
    It seems like a very bad idea if you can invite people to it. All you need as a non donor to get unlimited double xp is a vip friend... It would be decent if ONLY vips could join that server.

LukeW2464 likes this.
  11. LukeW2464

Guild:
    They don't need to know my name; they'd just use shouts asking for people to invite them, I can predict the ratio of VIP's to non-VIP's would be low because every VIP would invite like 10 people.

SuperTM likes this.
  12. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No. Just no. This is such a horrible and divisive idea. There is no way that the server should separate the donors from the non-donors. This would create such an us vs them mentality, from both donors and non-donors, that the community would be torn apart. Don't lose focus of the purpose of bringing back some form of increased XP for donors; it is to increase the number of donors so that the server can be sustainable. If an idea could cause anyone to become upset for a valid reason, don't go there, and this would be more than just a valid reason.

LukeW2464 likes this.
  13. xBananaGamer96X

xBananaGamer96X Travelled Adventurer

eh, guess it works well enough ;p

14. LukeW2464

Guild:
    What works well enough? Yes it works without double XP, but it also works with double XP. If theirs not a good enough reason to donate nobodies going to buy VIP which could mean they could run out of money, resulting in no more Wynncraft - Nobody wants that.

15. xBananaGamer96X

xBananaGamer96X Travelled Adventurer

there's also the gold coin store, which I believe is a better source of revenue for the server because you can buy coins multiple times and they run out kind of quickly, unlike VIP/VIP+, which are one-time purchases.

16. NoNameMaxi

NoNameMaxi BraveAdventurer

double xp for vips *-* pls dooooo itttt

LukeW2464, SuperTM and XavierEXE like this.
  17. Craic

Craic Yeet

Minecraft:
    Anyone else think of Tribal Aggression ????

18. TheArchonSucks

TheArchonSucks Travelled Adventurer

Guild:
    Okok Atleast make it possible for non donors to get 2x xp by like voting or something

19. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bru

LukeW2464 and Moe_Ronickah like this.
  20. TheArchonSucks

TheArchonSucks Travelled Adventurer

Guild:
    ? um ok ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.