Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Double Xp For Vips Feedback - Part 2!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Salted, Dec 6, 2015.

?

Yay or Nay?

1. Yay!

2. Nay...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeW2464

LukeW2464 Alfie's m8, VIP+

Guild:
    Yes that would be really good, But I just don't like the idea of having limited double XP, having only a few a day, considering what it was before having full double XP all the time I just don't like the idea of being limited to like 2 hours a day of double XP.

SuperTM likes this.
  2. mothwolf

mothwolf Member of the Octovon build team

To be honest I don't know how much people play on the server each day so I'll leave the time it lasts for the devs to work with.

Revamped Idea

1. Make the totem move (both on the server and when moving servers). By making the totem move you could easily just switch to a different server to avoid any non-VIPs stealing your XP, it would also help when your grinding in a large area.

"But moth they'll follow me to the next server!"

2. Fix the friends plugin, make the player receiving a friend request have to actually accept the request, this way no one can just randomly add you and see what server your moving to. Also either removing /find altogether or giving it only to VIPs would be helpful.

"But they could still gain 2x XP with all this and they won't donate!"

3. For this I suggest making the totems provide 2x XP and 2x item drop rate, then allowing all non-VIPs in the 50-block area to gain 15%-25% increased XP and 15%-25% increased Item Drop rate. This way the non-VIPs will still have a reason to donate without completely removing their bonuses and therefore being in the way of the EULA.

I think this fixes most the concerns I've seen on the thread while still avoiding the EULAs possible wrath.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Cruuk likes this.
  3. LukeW2464

Guild:
    In all honesty that sounds really good, but how often would you get to activate this? because having the double drops too makes up for the fact it won't be 24/7 double XP.

4. FTB_player123

FTB_player123 gavel is actually here VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You know, why don't we just change the Wynncraft EULA so VIPs can have full double xp?

5. mothwolf

mothwolf Member of the Octovon build team

The EULA isn't made by Wynncraft, its made by Mojang.

I was thinking it would be given as often as Salted suggested totems would be in the thread.

6. McMasterx

McMasterx ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Valar MorGavelis HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wynncraft has this FANTASTIC stalker command called /find, it allows any player to find any other player, regardless of rank, on any server. Even Salted on GM1

7. McMasterx

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    /find could be given to vip/+'s since it's not gamebreaking in anyway, it doesn't break the flow of gameplay, and it's not required to know a player position in the server to finish any gameplay elements. :D

8. Thunder

Thunder Chief Thunder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    /find doesn't need to be a donor perk (unless it can give out player coords). Besides, there are multiple ways to find people on Wynncraft.

9. McMasterx

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Read the context about making it a donator perk. By reading Moth's suggestion to fixing /friend add

10. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    /find isn't really a problem in my view, as long as there is no information as to a player's exact coordinates, as @Thunder has already pointed out. If someone asks me where I am, and I don't know them, sometimes, if I'm busy, I'll wait until I have time to respond. If I'm not busy, it only takes a moment to be courteous and respond with a simple "?" or "Why?". If it's someone I know, I'll make time for them. /find will be a problem is tokens, totems, or sheep are used, or if non-donors get an XP multiplier, because if someone changes servers to get away from XP stealing, it's too easy to find out what server they jumped to. I admit that I've followed people from server to server, using /find. I've gotten enough screencaps or video to report hackers that way, so /find is really our friend. Now, if the player coordinates were to be added, then I want it changed from /find to /stalk.

Zencet likes this.
  11. McMasterx

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm saying make it be a donor perk if the totem or sheep are added ._. I didn't say to just make it a standard donor perk with no correlation to Totems. As I told Thunder, I'll tell you, Please, please, go read moth's suggestion about changing /friend add

12. LukeW2464

Guild:
    Is Salted actually reading any of this; this has been a fairly long debate and I'd love to know what he thinks.

- Still think full double xp is the wisest choice.

SuperTM likes this.
  13. Moe_Ronickah

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have read every post in this thread, Deus, and, as I said, and agree with, /find will be a problem if XP is tied to any area in which VIP/VIPs are in, no matter if tokens, totems, sheep, or anything else are used for the XP boost. If XP is NOT tied to any area around VIP/VIPs, then I don't won't /find changed, as it is a useful tool for non-staff if we cannot find a mod and want to gather proof of a hacker. If someone were to get the not-so-bright idea of adding coordinates to /find, then it should be renamed /stalk. I believe that you may have misunderstood what I wrote.

LukeW2464 likes this.
  14. SuperTM

SuperTM Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    So we should rework the whole friend/ command system just to add this kinda stupid totem thingy. Seems like this would take a lot if time and as we know, time is money. I wonder if adding this won't make a bigger cost then it will actually increase the amount of donations :confused:. double xp can be added in 1/2 hours of work and will almost 100% sure increase the amount of donations. Adding totems/sheep is just a big risk and costs alot of time (and money) comparted to the simple old double xp.

LukeW2464 likes this.
  15. DaCorruption

DaCorruption Serves Dern.

Minecraft:
    this is an amazing idea!
    EDIT: 100 messages wahoo!

16. TheArchonSucks

TheArchonSucks Travelled Adventurer

Guild:
    Biased opinions by vips/vip+'s I don't like it but it aint up to me :P

17. Moe_Ronickah

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Please read both of the threads created by Salted concerning this topic. Financially, Wynn is under strain. There must be some way or some ways to increase the financial support for the server. When 2X XP was a perk of the VIP rank for donors, the financial strain was, apparently, non-existent. The only "bias" here by donors is how to increase the number of donors and donations to Wynn, in such a way that donors actually gain something from their donations, so that more people become donors. It feels strongly to me, and to most donors, that the bias by non-donors is how to get 2X XP for nothing, and not the support of the server.

SuperTM likes this.
  18. LukeW2464

Guild:
    Yeah and if they re-introduce double XP people like me will actually start really enjoying it like I used to, and its very likely I'd buy some Gold Coins; I'd be enjoying it so much with double XP, But I'm not going to do that if I don't enjoy my time as a VIP+ and have standard XP.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    SuperTM likes this.
  19. SolidStrafe

SolidStrafe Explorer from a distant land

Guild:
    Honestly they donated give them full Doub XP but and this idea for friends and stuff? or maybe VIP 1.5x all time and VIP+ 2x.

LukeW2464 likes this.
  20. 9cm

9cm Travelled Adventurer

You know.. how about more bank space

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.