Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Double Xp For Vips Feedback - Part 2!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Salted, Dec 6, 2015.

?

Yay or Nay?

1. Yay!

2. Nay...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. field

field VIP+

Minecraft:
    Like what?

2. SuperTM

SuperTM Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    glad you asked :)
    I'll give you a list.
    - only a small area gets double xp, you have to use it in grind spots.
    - In the grind spots there are alot of people that steal your xp
    - if only 1 person grinds with you and both got half the mobs, the vip got nothing extra from his boost while the non vip got the same amount of xp for half the amount of mobs
    - it gives non vips more then the vips
    - everyone gets the same amount of xp so no real reason to buy vip
    - popular spots will have almost constantly xp in the weekends. non vips would just have to switch between a few servers to find a totem. again, why would they buy vip?
    - more vips--> more totems --> less reasons to buy vip --> less vips (vips as in the amount of EXTRA vips)
    - when 2 or more people come to your spot you get even less xp then without boost
    - if more people come farm with you it's a waste of your totem
    - when placed, constant stress that nobody is going to come to your spot
    - you have to sneak away and always look that nobody is folowing you.
    - limited amount of totems, gives you only a very small boost
    - can't stack what means that the days you can't play you are wasting your potential boost and days you have alot of time, the boost is way to short.
    - people always asking to place your totem
    This are all the downsides I can think of. there are probebly way more then this

3. ESF_NoWomanNoCry

ESF_NoWomanNoCry Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    This is the biggest thing, people who already put there totem down, can't swap servers and if 1 person comes to you, if you get half of the mobs and the other one gets the other half, you would have as much xp as a non-VIP who just swapped servers to a server with an empty farm sport and the non-VIP gets as much XP as the VIP, why would people buy vip if it wouldn't change anything?

LukeW2464 and SuperTM like this.
  4. robertx22

robertx22 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Why not just give vip daily free bombs?

5. field

field VIP+

Minecraft:
    My idea is pretty just the same as salteds just that you can take it with you. Are you really talking to my idea, or salteds... ._. I mean, you talk about "Totems" I said golden sheep...So you're pretty much saying that Salteds idea is bad.

6. The_Roberto

The_Roberto Dango daikazoku! ^^

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hmm.. this sound really good :D
    +1 support
    xD

7. Enderman1234

Enderman1234 Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Yes, salteds idea is not good

8. SuperTM

Minecraft:
    yes I was talking about salteds idea. I like the golden sheep more however it can be abused in alot of ways. But still if you look at it, the sheep has less down sides then the totems. For me the best thing is just to add the standard multipliers back or the sheep and make it so that it gives a smaller bonus to people around it.

9. LukeW2464

LukeW2464 Alfie's m8, VIP+

Guild:
    Still gonna stand my ground and say bringing back full double XP is the way to go.

SuperTM likes this.
  10. LukeW2464

Guild:
    In my previous post it may seem like I'm just moaning at Salted etc. Do not get me wrong Wynncraft is an amazing server. I first joined when the server crashed every 30 seconds so I've been a long time fan. The reason I care so much about the double XP is because for some of us we only bought VIP/VIP+ for the double XP, and so we obviously want it back like it was before, if it gets removed or turned into some gimmicky sheep or totem idea it somewhat makes the title of VIP/VIP+ kind of pointless to us; we payed for double XP, we payed to get double XP because not all of us like to grind 24/7 and with double Xp we didn't have to grind 24/7.

SuperTM likes this.
  11. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have one small, but important, point to make: none of us who have donated to the server have paid for anything in game. Buying the VIP or later, a VIP or VIP+, was a donation. Wynn is not P2W. Other than that, I understand what you are saying, and if increased XP comes back for donors, I can't see where having a sheep or tokens, or anything of that nature is going to benefit donors more than non-donors, which has been explained by plenty of other posters. I'd like to see more opportunities for supporting Wynn for more players, with various levels of donations, at least. I've seen some other ideas proposed in other threads that are very intriguing, too.

mothwolf and SuperTM like this.
  12. LukeW2464

Guild:
    Yeah I understand what your saying, and although I said some of us only bought VIP for the double XP, which we did, we fully understood that what we were paying for was a donation, but we still expected something that made it worth donating for; $25/$50 is quite a lot for just a donation, and in my eyes without certain features such as double XP and pets that attack, VIP+ especially perhaps wouldn't be worth the full $50. Now you could say well when you buy VIP you are just paying to support the server, to a extent yes, but we want certain benefits that make supporting the server useful in game, and to me, when double XP was in, I was happy to donate and buy VIP otherwise I wouldn't of bought VIP and then later going on to buy VIP+.

If they decide to re-add some sort of stripped down version of double XP thats up to them, but like I've said before, to me and some other people without full double XP VIP/VIP+ doesn't really make it all that worth it, having double XP made it feel premium, that it was actually better than not having it at all, to some that may seem like pay to win, but double XP isn't as bad as them giving us boosted stats like health, damage and OP weapons and armor.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Moe_Ronickah and SuperTM like this.
  13. SuperTM

Minecraft:
    Also keep in mind that double xp only let you progress faster. This doesn't mean a non vip can't do a fair duel against a vip for example. This also doesn't mean vips get better gear or weapons. there's also a level cap so vips can't level up endless and get a huge advantage after time.

Zencet, Moe_Ronickah and LukeW2464 like this.
  14. bobbob9830

bobbob9830 Hi

Guild:
    I want to know what salted thinks the best idea is

mothwolf likes this.
  15. mothwolf

mothwolf Member of the Octovon build team

Im interested in seeing if the staff change this again for the vocal minority that say no or implant this for the 81.8% that say yes

16. SuperTM

Minecraft:
    70% of those people that voted yes are most likely non vips that are never going to buy vip and want double xp for free. there are also way more good arguments form people that think that we should not add this then people that think this is a good idea...

LukeW2464 likes this.
  17. mothwolf

Here's my ideas on how to fix everything with this idea while not potentially killing the server from the EULA -

1. Make the totem move (both on the server and when moving servers). By making the totem move you could easily just switch to a different server to avoid any non-VIPs stealing your XP, it would also help when your grinding in a large area.

"But moth they'll follow me to the server server!"

2. Fix the friends plugin, make the player receiving a friend request have to actually accept the request, this way no one can just randomly add you and see what server your moving to.

"But they could still gain 2x XP with all this and they won't donate!"

3. Make non-VIPs get on 1.5x XP while in the 50-block area, (VIPs in the area still get 2x) this way there still be a reason to donate and get more XP than you normally would.

I think this fixes most the concerns I've seen on the thread while still avoiding the EULAs possible wrath. Tell me what you all think :saltedhappy:

18. LukeW2464

Guild:
    With the non-VIPS getting a 1.5 XP boost that it kind of stupid; thats alot for a non paying player to get, nobody would buy VIP for the xp boost if they are already getting a fairly big boost from existing VIP's, 1.5 XP boost would be unfair because VIP's who could of potentially payed $50 for VIP+ would hardly be getting anymore XP than someone who hasn't payed at all.

SuperTM likes this.
  19. mothwolf

What about 1.25x XP?

20. LukeW2464

Guild:
    No, I think a 10% boost would be ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.