Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Media Mean Posts On Forums

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by XXGHOSTKID21xX, Nov 17, 2015.

?

Do you agree with me

1. yes

12 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. no

45 vote(s)
    78.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Choo

Choo Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Spoken, with true criticism.

Lady_of_Rohan and SnakyOmnivore like this.
  2. Krek

Krek Unrelenting Parasite

Guild:
    Well, you're all... uh... stoopid. Yeah! Heh. Rekt.

Troll4ever31 and Yuno F Gasai like this.
  3. Ninjazzzzzz

Ninjazzzzzz Certified Sacrificer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, the first two weeks of Gavel will be... something. Expect a flood of useless threads of people who made an account just to ask something like how to get out of a hole, and complaining that the server doesn't have /tpa or anything. But, if we want people to stick around, we can't be extremely rude to anyone who's asking for help. So even though it's going to be difficult dealing with all the new and unaware people coming in, we have to stick it out and be nice.

Choo and The One-eyed Guy like this.
  4. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just one thing to say to this- You have a great point, but more than half the posts and people on here are quite nice. Mostly if people disagree with a suggestion, they probably have no bad intent- In fact, they mean to help improve the suggestion and make it better- People who don´t accept it and pass it off as a mean comment are being quite piggish and think their suggestion is the best thing ever and will not ever accept a helpful idea.

Now, don´t get the wrong idea here- I completely agree with you, but I think that many, many ¨bad¨ posts on this forum are mostly people trying to be helpful or misunderstood or looked at the wrong way, something I, admittedly, have done myself. So although I really like the fact that you decided to make a thread about this, I just don´t entirely believe you´re seeing both sides of the story.

Oh yeah, and if you haven´t already, read Igbar´s reply above- It explains many points and I believe that you should read it.

koko_bean likes this.
  5. Ryozake

Ryozake confused vet

Guild:
    [​IMG]

6. --

-- The world's most popular Minecraft server

You posted this because you disagree with the content of 'mean' threads... but then you go on to tell us that if you disagree with the content of a message then we should shut up and ignore it?

7. The One-eyed Guy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the contradictory meme strikes again

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  8. Olebra

Olebra Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    This has finally become a relevant topic on the forums...

9. The One-eyed Guy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think the main reason that this only just appeared is that we have much less 'mean' posts on this forum compared to others and people aren't hurt as much.

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  10. Olebra

Minecraft:
    I posted a thread once where I got almost pure hate and meanness once. In fact, twice. Considering my currently low 93 post count that is a pretty high h8 r8. Maybe it has not happened to you, but it has to me, and I have seen several other posts where this happens too. And no, that is not because they deserved it, or the thread was stupid, just hate. It mostly seems to happen to new members, though, which is kind of concerning...

The One-eyed Guy likes this.
  11. Drew1011

Drew1011 Former Viceroy of the Foxes / Reviver of Kingdoms HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Except there is no rule against this.
    And anyways, even if there was, that's not how it works.
    You can't just go up to a thief and say "Hey you know that's against the rules right?" and expect them to stop being a thief.
    Anyways, I'm all for free speech. Let people say what they want.

12. kenan89

kenan89 A ghost basicly.

Its 2015, its the year where shit collapses. Everything is going down.

Undertale's creator, Toby Fox, wants undertale to end without it being drama and awful, but honestly, the fandom seems to be thinking otherwise sometimes, while the fandom itself by far is not as bad as Steven Universe's, it sure as hell seems to be growing slowly.

The best the wynn team can do is to try to isolate things and set a limit and not be afraid to occasionally call out awful behavior.

Drew1011 likes this.
  13. BlahBlah161616

BlahBlah161616 Light Theme User

Guild:
    I find its best to find the good parts and the bad parts, so you give constructive criticism.

Olebra likes this.
  14. eeveelution

eeveelution Wynn Veteran/OG VIP+

Minecraft:
    I'm afraid that some people may not have the ability to know if they disagree with something that they didn't read yet.

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  15. Olebra

Minecraft:
    Omg I'm not the only one!

16. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The Ethic of Reciprocity also known as The Golden Rule, no matter whether you know it as a positive command or a negative injunction, no matter from which religious or moral teaching you adhere to it, is the simplest form of what this entire thread is about. And whether or not we all follow it all of the time, it is undeniable that we would wish to do so, and that we would wish everyone else to do so, also. But we are all flesh and blood, and we all make mistakes, at one time or another, and to a greater or lesser extent. The real problem that I have seen on the forums, and in game, to one extent or another, is people becoming jaded, and acting on that feeling. Even acting to such an extent as to be hateful, as has been pointed out in this thread, and other threads, where hatefulness is neither needed nor deserved. The route to correcting the problem is simple. It's right here. All of you are taking the steps needed to correct it. You are talking about it, discussing it, and discussing what needs to be done to improve not just the forum, but the community as a whole. You can apply your own corrective pressure in the forums, and in game, without being over-bearing. Without getting into heated discussions, the vast majority of the time. I've seen you do it many times. It may sound silly, but be nice. I'd bet dollars to donuts that all of you are, IRL. Listening to each other, like you are doing here, is a great way to improve. You have the right ideas, follow them.

What is hateful to yourself, do not do to your fellow man.
    Love your neighbor as yourself.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Lady_of_Rohan likes this.
  17. BlahBlah161616

BlahBlah161616 Light Theme User

Guild:
    When the thread is an absolutely terrible idea with no hope, I try to tell people why it's a bad idea and suggest something similar.

18. koko_bean

koko_bean Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This community is excellent in a special way. We won't be impressed by some Easter egg everyone has seen before, and when you do find something, you feel FABULOUS. Unfortunately, some people can't take the more serious nature of MMO communities, and while we don't want to come off mean when we say "Dude, everyone knows this" people can take it the wrong way.
    However, the biggest problem with your post is the disagreeing part. Someone disagreeing can turn a simple post into a developed, well made idea that has potential. This depends on how you disagree. Just saying "no. 10 char limt" would not add to the discussion. If you're about to make this post, stop. Like, really.
    The problem with text is there are so many ways of interpreting it. Hence, the misunderstanding of disagreement as 'hate'. Don't be that guy who posts just to make everyone miserable. Be that guy who adds real value and ideas to a discussion.

19. The One-eyed Guy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You have great points, but frankly, I believe that the new members... Well... They seem to just make suggestions that come off of the top of their heads and make 4-sentence threads about them.

20. C0okieking

C0okieking Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    PREACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.