Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Media Concerns & Problems

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by roboblock93, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roboblock93

roboblock93 its a me CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I missed the TG ball, although I heard it was plenty of fun. It was a great idea and it was well executed. Many congradulations to Pillow.

Enough of the lovey dovey crap. I'm seeing alot of mean posts, all targeting Deathmaster.

This is surely not just, and he is not deserving of this fate. I can see that he wanted to be just like Pillow over there and host a grand event. Yes, maybe it wasn't executed flawlessly, and maybe people thought it was disrispectful to Pillow, and I completely understand that. He did say that inspiration was okay, and not straight up copying. This is where things get real. Deathmasters event was NOT identical, but pretty darn similar.

My question is; Why do we hate this? If thr TG ball was so wonderful, why is this xmas party going to be awful? None of this community is treating new members the same way they treat the vets. I get it, change is difficult, but people aren't even willing to try. Ideas are IMMEDIATELY shut down and critisized, unless it meets our incredibly high standards. Our community can't grow like this, it will only grow old and wither away. We need to start being open to change. We need to expand, cooperate, and be open to new things.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen some pretty damn incredible things made by our community, even from the new members, and I see some people patting them on the back and congratulating them.

Not all people are doing the hating. I see plenty of good going around, and it's wonderful to see stuff like that. However, some people are NOT doing a good job of this and we need to stand up and respectfully help make improvements.

I've made a list of do's and don'ts:

DO:
    -Tell where they can improve politely
    -Give ideas
    -Be willing to help

DON'T:
    -Be disrespectful
    -Single people out for a mean reason
    -Critisize people without seeing their true potential

Wrapping up, I don't care if you disagree, as I think that disagreeing is extremely valuable in discussions. Just do it politely. I want everyone to at least have a think about this. I really want for us to be open, kind and loving, but nothing is flawless. All we can do is try to supress what evil there is out there.

Cheers!- Robo

2. Ice Guy

Ice Guy I'm a little too icy for you VIP

Minecraft:
    Amen brother!

roboblock93 likes this.
  3. xkobyx

xkobyx Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    and we can't have this when Gavel is out because that is going to be our biggest time when we get tons of players on so we have to be accepting especially around this time

roboblock93 likes this.
  4. DJBorbo

DJBorbo Wannabe edgy memeboi HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok I get it, I get it. I was quick to judge. Generally I'm not a mean person. I just get defensive about things really easily. I just think it's rude what deathmaster did. It may be that I saw it when he came up with this idea and thought that it was extremely rude to just spit that out before the ball began. Sorry if I seemed pretty douchey to you and @deathmaster778.

roboblock93 likes this.
  5. roboblock93

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What made you think I targeted you? You aren't the only person. I do have to admire your apology. I conpletely understand if you were defending Pillow, and you should be proud. It's okay to disagree, y'know.

Uknownymous and Lady_of_Rohan like this.
  6. tasaid

tasaid Well-Known Adventurer

i tried to make a thread like this a few months ago, and i was shut down quickly. i think i went about it the wrong way, i commend you, this is just what we needed as a community.

Uknownymous and roboblock93 like this.
  7. DJBorbo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You may have convinced people to look at this a different way. But I'm afraid u can't fix the spawn hogs. Those bastards cannot be reasoned with

8. roboblock93

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Mhm. Not everyone can be dealt with.

9. DJBorbo

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Actual experience

Me: Hey mind if i share this spawn point with ya?
    Other: NO IM ODLER THAN YOU SO YOU NEED TO FUK OFF YOU STPID 2 YEAR OLD! MY MOM SEZ IF SOMEONE IS OLDR YOU NEED TO DO WHAT THAY TELL YOU
    Me: Umm do you even know what fuck means?
    Other: MY MOM SEZ YOU NEED TO BE 6 TO PLAY VIDIO GAMES
    Me: Excuse me but how old are you?
    Other: 6
    Me: Im way older than you.
    Other: HOW OLD R U?
    Me: The law states that i dont have to tell you that.
    Me: And please turn off caps lock
    Other: IM TELLING MY MOM YOUR BULLEING ME
    Me: Fuck it im changing servers
    Me: Oh and please, go fuck yourself
    *Leaves Game*

10. Choo

Choo Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Its sad how people are still making these kinds of threads and hardly anyone reacts to them.

11. Bio

Bio Father of Class Builds Section VIP+

Minecraft:
    I agree with you at some points, and disagree with other points. However, there was One point you made that I noticed, when you said "People are treating vets better then newbies" or something like that. And igbar made an amazing post talking about that:

Uknownymous likes this.
  12. Drew1011

Drew1011 Former Viceroy of the Foxes / Reviver of Kingdoms HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree with what Igbar said.

I mean, spamming the forums with pointless profile posts, and threads that took 2 minutes to make might be acceptable on the hypixel, mineplex, or any other forum that is about a mini game server. But, this is wynncraft, and we are generally older than people on those forums.

If an 8 year old sees some pointless thread, he/she will be fine with it, but here at wynncraft, we see it for what it really is.

Pointless.

We had a problem with stuff like this on the pre-9/7 forums, and it's almost like you are defending something that admins and moderators alike have agreed are pointless and clutter the forums.

13. SnakyOmnivore

SnakyOmnivore actually fan of DC comics CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agreed with you and Igbar on that one, our community is like high school where no one care if you find something that you think it is cool to show them, BUT nope! They don't care to show their true reaction to it, and one of them just said "Dude, No one care." That's why few younger members' threads here got more hated than more respected member's. True word.

Lady_of_Rohan, Uknownymous and Bio like this.
  14. roboblock93

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh, don't worry. I know that posts clutter our forums, but we really don't have much to tell them no. What we can do is tell them how to improve, and hope things cheer up. Also remember; We all have different standards.

I see what you mean. It is, in the end, just perspective, which is really why these things happen. I guess nobody is the same, but we can still try to help out. Stil though, I do personally feel like the veterans are a tightly bonded group of friends, it is hard for others to slip in. That is healthy for a small, loving community. With this community expanding quickly, we need to prepare and adapt for all the new members.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    RandomRaposa, Lady_of_Rohan and Bio like this.
  15. Bio

Bio Father of Class Builds Section VIP+

Minecraft:
    Agreed. If we want to keep the new players that come for the Gavel update we have to adapt so they don't leave.

RandomRaposa and roboblock93 like this.
  16. Riesenkalmar

Riesenkalmar sfdhdfhsdgds VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    *cough cough*

17. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:

You Sir... You God Dang Son Of A Gun...

Amen

I have never read anything more right! The fourms needs more people like you

You deserve an award.

Al Simula dear sir, Al Simula

Lady_of_Rohan and roboblock93 like this.
  18. Troll4ever31

Troll4ever31 Designed to be a moron.

I get that some people, including myself, may have gone too far on deathmaster's threads, but a part of the reason is that a lot of people are getting tired of his low quality posts. When he just joined the forums, people were still politely trying to help him, but sadly, he ignored it.

The best way to solve this, is for deathmaster to make an apology, and us to try to adapt more to new members.

oya and Lady_of_Rohan like this.
  19. kolleden

kolleden Bop Bop VIP+

Minecraft:
    im really confused... is this seriosly a post about a forum newbie (not noobm newbie = new guy) that made some posts people dislike?...
    so. what? the guy is new this post just gives him more pointless attention. and if it really bothers you hes not the only one out there i've seen worst than that guy.

20. roboblock93

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You missed the point. It was to show that we need to start accepting new members to our forums, and improve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.