Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Media Mean Posts On Forums

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by XXGHOSTKID21xX, Nov 17, 2015.

?

Do you agree with me

1. yes

12 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. no

45 vote(s)
    78.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XXGHOSTKID21xX

XXGHOSTKID21xX [The Kid No One knows] VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would just like to say that If you are not going to say anything nice to the person that posted a thread than don't say anything at all.

If you do not like what the person has posted or you disagree with what they posted than do not read it or don't comment.

This is just is a very serious rule on the forums and I take it really seriously so just follow this simple rule is it really that hard thank you.

XXGHOSTKID21xX

XavierEXE, Jacquie, Pink and 6 others like this.
  2. Mish

Mish Composer VIP

Minecraft:
    oh ehm gee could you put anymore Xs in you name?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  3. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Forum rules:

These rules apply specifically to use of the forums.

1. No posting inappropriate threads.This includes but is not limited to advertisement threads, posting offensive content (of any sort), posting "goodbye" threads, give-aways or meaningless/trash threads.

2. Shoutbox behaviour. all rules that apply to threads, also apply to the shoutbox, with the added rule that you must be civil and not offensive to anyone. No links or mentions of inappropriate things and any other NSFW topics (this is also applicable to threads).

3. Forum Accounts. Possession of multiple accounts is prohibited on our forums. This does not apply to in-game accounts. Any alt accounts found will be banned.

4. Use your common sense. As much as I have tried to cover everything in this short thread, there is likely to be things I have missed. Please use your common sense as to whether you think something is against the rules or not. If in doubt, ask a moderator. Saying "It wasn't specified in the rules" is not a valid excuse.

5. Do not cheat the 10 characters limit. It's there for a reason. Writing stuff like ''k 10 char limit'' will get your post deleted and you may be warned for it.

We may edit these rules at any time. All bans are appeal-able on the forum.

Thank you for taking the time to read all the way through the rules, and if you follow them we'll get along grandly!

Oh, I almost forgot, there is one more rule. The most important one of all, HAVE FUN!

Thanks all,

Grian"
    It isn't against the rules. If you see something that you disagree with you are allowed to post your opinions unless that hurts someone else or that your opinion itself is harmful in nature.

4. roboblock93

roboblock93 its a me CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You are allowed to disagree with people. However, I think that it's just common sense to treat others with upmost respect. Disagreeing is a key part in all discussions, as it shows where improvement can be made.

MikePants27, --, D7 and 17 others like this.
  5. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    I've never experianced this myself but if you have thenn....uhh...

(Look I just woke up so yeah my brain is blah at the moment)

Then do what you stated at the top

6. IgbarVonSquid™

IgbarVonSquid™ Your (not so) Average Squid Man VIP+

Minecraft:
    This thread was probably posted in in response to some recent threads and events. It seems there has been a bit of an influx of rude behavior as of late, and it's gotten me wondering why. In fact it's not even all that recent, this community has always been a bit on the rude side of things honestly. After really thinking hard about it, I've actually come to figure out why.

The problem lies in the average age group of the community. I'd say most members are between the ages 14-17. Obviously there are those younger and those older, but on average we're all mostly in that range. In case you're wondering, the average age on say, Hypixel is probably more like 8-13. We're an older and more mature community than other servers. On another post I talked about why that probably is so I won't do it again here, the tl;dr of it is that MMoRPGs cater to older audiences with higher attention spans, whereas minigames play on the "instant gratification" that a younger audience craves.

And that's exactly where the problem lies: younger/newer members of the community crave that instant gratification and pat on the back. Imagine you're 7 years old, and you reached level 50 on wynncraft. When you're 7, 50 is a really high number, and it's even more of an accomplishment because you probably haven't spent so much time on one thing in all of your life thus far. So you go the forums and make a thread about it: "guys i just reachd level 50! i lov this servr and i workd realy hard!" From your perspective, everyone will like you! You like you, and you appreciate your accomplishments! Everyone else should, too!

However, the forums are not your third grade classroom. Sure back in the third grade you could bring a shiny rock into class and everyone would adore you, but in highschool? No one's going to care. It's just a rock to them. They've seen plenty of shiny rocks in their lives, this one's nothing special. If you're not getting it, we're the unimpressed highschoolers. Someone finds a cool easter egg, they think they deserve lots of love and praise for their hard work, and make a thread about it. Except we've seen it before, and many others like it. In the past people used to say, "Nice find" as a way of saying, "Your accomplishment is completely meaningless but because I don't want to look like a total twat I'm going to grind my teeth and try to make you feel good about yourself." Or at least, that's always how I saw it. Then I made nicefind.avi, it spiraled out of control, and now no one has a cop out response for which to hide their true feelings.

We're older, we like higher quality content on here, and we don't like it when younger/newer members come in and ruin the groove. Now after saying all that, I still really love the community with all my heart. Sure you could post about a neat easter egg you found on the Hive forums and everyone would pat you on the back and say, "Job well done," but have you even played on the server? Every single time I go there, there's at least 3 desperate kids asking for girlfriends, and they're all 11. I'd rather gouge my eyes out than to see wynncraft end up a worse trash heap than the Hive community.

So in a very round about way, our community's rather blunt behavior actually keeps the filthy parts of the Minecraft community out. Of course when Gavel comes along things are guaranteed to heat up, with the sudden influx of new players from all sorts of different parts of the Minecraft community. So at least for a week or two after Gavel comes out, can we play nice to try and keep some new players around this time?

7. Crescent_Omega

Crescent_Omega Well-Known Adventurer

The more of these anti-hate threads we get, the more the people who hate will become aware of the rules and the stuff will stop. Let the little kiddies play for now... give them a chance until they get banned.

8. Ice Guy

Ice Guy I'm a little too icy for you VIP

Minecraft:
    I'm sorry in advance, I'm probably going to be a douche by saying this, but;

If you think about it, how can we agree or disagree a statement without reading said statement? I don't think anyone has super secret senses and goes, 'crap, a nasty post! I haven't read it yet but I'm not going to because I already know it's nasty!'

yeah, that came off rude. D:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  9. 13threemc

13threemc vote kanye 2020 CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I gotta agree with igbar on this one
    I mean the server needs money to run and the issue is that the majority of people who play Minecraft these days are under 13, so we sort of need them to keep the server going.
    *cue corrections time*

XavierEXE likes this.
  10. Bio

Bio Father of Class Builds Section VIP+

Minecraft:
    In some cases you can just read the title.

FOR EXAMPLE! "Wyncroft suxs" is obviously a nasty post.
    (Unless a mod posted it... In that case it's a joke and you should make sure to use /scrub font when typing something.)

11. Choo

Choo Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Not to be rude or anything but you just wasted your time, just go to the main forums page and click rules. There will be more to explain and more knowledge there than here.

12. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree with almost all previous posts. When you dislike someones post/achievment/whatever, and you are not able to write something constructive, just leave. With hate posts you will make everyone feel worse

SnakyOmnivore, Lady_of_Rohan and Choo like this.
  13. Zelefant

Zelefant wizard fortress will return one day HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The reason there is hate posts is because some people are...

1. Annoyed by the poor quality of multiple threads
    2. Idea almost makes no sense and people take it as shitposting
    3. They are just mean members

Most of us aren't trying to be mean with our posts.

Choo and Lady_of_Rohan like this.
  14. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I swear that for the first two weeks of Gavel I won't post any mean comments and that I will help any and all players that ask a question I can answer.

Choo and Lady_of_Rohan like this.
  15. Flubby

Flubby left and accidentally became leftist VIP+

Minecraft:
    I'll be joking you too
    #FangsChallenge

16. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I hope that was a typo and that you meant joining...

Lady_of_Rohan likes this.
  17. Ackro

Ackro The true Elite Quadbrid! HERO

Minecraft:
    Those are the two best things you said.

Lady_of_Rohan and Yuno F Gasai like this.
  18. DJBorbo

DJBorbo Wannabe edgy memeboi HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    amen brudduh.

19. Esfores

Esfores In and Out of Existence

Yeah fuck opposing points of view wooooo

20. SnakyOmnivore

SnakyOmnivore actually fan of DC comics CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Dude. I think that was beautiful speech ever. I actually agreed with you on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.