Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What Happens If Gavel Turns Out Worst-case Scenario?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Redgodzilla, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redgodzilla

Redgodzilla The Elder CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This is just a rambling of my thoughts take this thread however you like

Okay, how hear me out. I don't mean what if Gavel sucks. I am 100% sure it's going to be just as awesome (and maybe even awesomer) than the trailers/teasers have made it out to be. There is something much scarier than Gavel sucking, what if it doesn't last? It's popularity I mean, and not just with us loyal fans (I know you're a loyal fan because you wouldn't be on the threads if you weren't) I mean what if Gavel is released, everyone loves it, new people are joining the server, but in two months we're right back to where we are now. A relatively small (but loyal) community. Is that what we want this server to be?

I hate to bring up the R word, but remember when this server was popular? Like, top 20 servers popular, in it's glory days when youtubers were making videos about Wynncraft. I remember, and I bet many of you do to. And we will have that again, almost for sure if once Gavel is released. But how about after the Youtube hype dies down, what if after that, most of the new players get bored and go back to their favorite mini-game server. What do we do then? Are we content with this small lovely little community we have? Or do we want to be a known server, one of the big ones. I honest have no problem if you prefer the former, but I think it would be awesome to be a top 10 server. I'm sure the devs would be happy too.

I'm also not saying that this is going to happen, it's entirely possible for Gavel to be a huge lasting hit, and I really hope it is, for all the work everyone has put into it, they deserve it. Something in between could happen too.

So for the sake of this thread my question is this:

What do we the community, and the devs, do if we are back to the same player count as we are right now, a few months after Gavel?

One last disclaimer as I did already say i'm not saying I think any of this is going to happen, I really don't, and I really don't want it to. But I think it's important to hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Choo, S3ok, Hedless_Horseman and 13 others like this.
  2. awemanrank100

awemanrank100 custom title

Minecraft:
    This could happen. Really, anything could happen with it. And to answer your question, I believe that they'll keep updating, though, to be honest, I doubt the "lasting hit" thing will happen.

3. rockso7

rockso7 arcanist enjoyer

Minecraft:
    If it turns for the worse, then just[​IMG]
    And sometimes when the youtubers played, they brought some of their worse fanbase to wynn, which kind of ruined it in the sense of "friendliness", but right now, that friendliness is back to where it used to be (Good)..
    Soo..
    Yeah.
    Also every builder/GM or any staff will find you, hunt you and brutally torture you if you say Gavel's bad..

4. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Dern >:D

But seriously, this seems like a kind of 'what-if' thread. The Gavel De-Hypefying should take at least 6 months, and even then we'd get some new players. I honestly don't think it would ever get this bad.

5. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    If this were to happen, we would get all the GM's and Builders and put them on trial. Then they are sent TO THE PIT OF DEATH

[​IMG]

Just like that then we will have a civil war then some one named ItzFlip will rise up and stop the war, everyone will cheer and praise him my dream come true. But we all know I can't make my dreams come true, and that Gavel wont suck

6. IgbarVonSquid™

IgbarVonSquid™ Your (not so) Average Squid Man VIP+

Minecraft:
    This isn't so much a 'what if' but 'when' type of thing. It may not be two months, it might not be two years, but it will happen. The in-game community will always shrink back down to the loyals. It's an unavoidable truth; but why? And why do minigame servers reign supreme when something like Wynncraft has so much more effort put into it?
    Minigame servers are basically setup to be infinite: Distract players in short bursts to keep them entertained yet unfilled enough to make sure they keep coming back for more. It plays on the short attention span that most children have, allowing them to stay on top virtually forever.
    Wynncraft on the other hand is setup not so much as short bursts of fun, but rather a long and enjoyable experience. It's suited for a more mature breed of player, one that is a bit more rare compared to the droves of children that inhabit the Minecraft community. The gameplay requires lots and lots of hours put into just mindless grinding, making it very easy to fall into the lie of, "I'll grind some other time." Also, even if a player can withstand it, they'll eventually make it to the end with nothing else to do. Minigames can be played over and over, but you can only play Wynncraft so many times, and even with the addition of class resets with Gavel, would you really want to just keep playing over and over?
    Eventually, everyone will either not want to grind anymore, or will just be max level with nothing to do and just leave. That's why Wynncraft will always have to struggle, and will always have to keep cranking out updates if it wants to stay in business at all.

7. MasterMiner

MasterMiner Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    true they jut haven't been updating it recently because they are working on gavel but yea.
    6 months? how long do you think it will take people to get 4/8 kits from level 75 - 100? because that's most likely when the hype will go. I really don't know it matter how easy gavel will make us to level up

8. Air_Locke_

Air_Locke_ im a water bottle HERO

Minecraft:
    Wynncraft doesnt have to be popular to be good. Also, when new players join , some of them may find wynncraft fun and stay in wynncraft , contributing to our loyal community

DarthGeorge, Fissure and Uknownymous like this.
  9. PillowPet

PillowPet Lovable Neighborhood Pillow CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In all honesty, I couldn't care less for a top 20 minecraft server position. Why? Because I am content with our small friendly community in which most people you will know. Look at Mineplex for example. They're huge, the biggest and most popular server for minecraft in the world! But what has that gotten them community-wise? A bunch of screaming, raging, children who all fight with each other and bully each other for a community. When I look at... That... I start to feel a little better about our great community.

10. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I hate to bring up the M word, but this is not Mineplex.

11. Craic

Craic Yeet

Minecraft:
    As people before me have said, the Gavel update will bring... "Mini game server enthusiasts" to Wynn, and that means a lot of screaming children. But I think we're missing the big picture! Before I joined Wynn I would mindlessly play big name mini game servers bored to the bone, I dreamed of a server like Wynn to be created but I could never found it. Then one day I was wafching some youtube and I saw one of my favourite youtubers playing Wynn! I joined the server, got some friends to play with me and now we play together every week! Gavel might bring the most brattiest children ever, but it will also bring loyal players and snakes.

Lady_of_Rohan, Devourer and Oneiric like this.
  12. Fissure

Fissure I'll be fine .

OH MY GOD IT ISNT ? SALTED WE HAVE TO TALK .

Archie_T likes this.
  13. DJBorbo

DJBorbo Wannabe edgy memeboi HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is true.

14. Bio

Bio Father of Class Builds Section VIP+

Minecraft:
    "Mature breed of player"

Dafuq

15. PillowPet

PillowPet Lovable Neighborhood Pillow CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, I'm aware. And I want it to stay that way.

16. kolleden

kolleden Bop Bop VIP+

Minecraft:
    upload unfinished content really fast ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

17. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, we've got a fairly dedicated team working their hardest to crank out good updates and make great, engaging content for the game. With the addition of class resets in Gavel, we'll probably hold people's attention for a longer while now, which gives us a bigger leniency period to make more quality content before too many people go away. Like Igbar said, falling into the routine of loyalists is inevitable for pretty much any server, but I feel like it's gonna take a lot longer, after Gavel, before that happens.

18. i eat bees

i eat bees i eat bees HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This idea is actually very possible, Because of the fact that a game clear from glitches and 1 small update per month is much better then a game full of glitches and 1 MASSIVE update per 1 and a half years... But actually I really like this little community... More players means more noobs more hackers more lag and less attention for each player.

Lady_of_Rohan and Uknownymous like this.
  19. kingmike99

kingmike99 The Meteor

What % of all the players do you think, are levelling all classes to lv75 (or lv100) or have already levelled all their classes to lv75 (or lv100)?

Im pretty sure that a large amount of players will be bored after getting 1 class to lv100. (+beating all quests and exploring most of the map)

20. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You seem like one of those players. Stop complaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.